THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

pcZJPs7.jpg

I've gotten into the habit of sprinkling this on my eggs instead of pepper.

I make a cold smoked salt, pepper, onion, garlic blend that I use a lot. I use it on foods I cook inside the house and on the blackstone griddle. Any time I want to add a bit of smoke flavor to a dish.

ONYXwNO.jpg

YEfKznO.jpg

YqMMBVM.jpg

I keep jars of it on hand, and cold smoke more when I get down to one jar. :grin:

I like Q-salt and hot salt on cooked veggies, especially zucchini, potatoes, and rice. I know rice isn’t really a vegetable but I like to eat rice similarly to the way I eat potatoes, with butter and seasoning.

I use this almost interchangeably with table salt. From scrambled eggs to vegetables, steaks, and burgers.

2d1c53b6-d4b4-479e-b878-4c41ea70b4d1.297cf0a8827a850ccee36fa3bbda61b6.jpeg

Simply Marvelous Santa Maria has been good on everything...fish, chicken, eggs, potatoes, broccoli. Have not tried Cavenders but will give it a shot based on mentions here.

Personally, I rarely use commercial seasonings or sauces. It's inevitable, recipe changes to more chemical or price goes up or package size goes down. Always something. I make my own seasonings and sauces whenever I can, better taste, usually healthier, and I have no plans of going out of business! Make my own pickles and root beer, too. These were originally completely healthy, even life saving, until $$ got involved and ingredients went to chemicals. So many food businesses started with great intentions, and over time lawyers and money grubbing losers take over. Sorry, Just jumped off my soapbox. Just so sad to see.

Personally, I rarely use commercial seasonings or sauces. It's inevitable, recipe changes to more chemical or price goes up or package size goes down. Always something. I make my own seasonings and sauces whenever I can, better taste, usually healthier, and I have no plans of going out of business! Make my own pickles and root beer, too. These were originally completely healthy, even life saving, until $$ got involved and ingredients went to chemicals. So many food businesses started with great intentions, and over time lawyers and money grubbing losers take over. Sorry, Just jumped off my soapbox. Just so sad to see.

I’d LOVE to see a “cook thread” on your root beer making process!!!

Looked up Cavenders on Amazon. Nice to see it comes in a salt/MSG free version...like to add my own salt. Will order soon.
Got the salt free Cavenders on Amazon. Tasted last night. Okay, but should have read the label online. No salt but they substituted potassium chloride, completely defeating my purpose for buying the salt free.

Have 3 bottles of this stuff. Think I'll start leaving them in the lunchroom at work.

Three pages in and no one said Tony Chachere's???

Tony's is my go to daily. I also use Slap Ya Mama, but when I have time I run it through a spice grinder because it it too coarse.

I recently bought Slap Ya Mama's White Pepper seasoning. I haven't tried it yet, but I have friends that swear by it.

@16Adams - I eat two eggs every day. Scrambled, sunny side, over easy, poached, boiled. Like Bubba with shrimp, but eggs for me. I have been trying to teach myself how to make French and Japanese omelettes lately. It's harder than it looks.

Three pages in and no one said Tony Chachere's???

Tony's is my go to daily. I also use Slap Ya Mama, but when I have time I run it through a spice grinder because it it too coarse.

I recently bought Slap Ya Mama's White Pepper seasoning. I haven't tried it yet, but I have friends that swear by it.

@16Adams - I eat two eggs every day. Scrambled, sunny side, over easy, poached, boiled. Like Bubba with shrimp, but eggs for me. I have been trying to teach myself how to make French and Japanese omelettes lately. It's harder than it looks.

Jacques Pepin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1XoCQm5JSQ

I use Sucklebusters SPG or Sucklebusters SPG HOT on just about everything! :mrgreen:

Back