Doing a pig on Sat 5/12

So, any brethren showing up?

Eric

PS Is there any difference in taste between cooking a whole pig and just cooking a pork butt?

So, any brethren showing up?

Eric

PS Is there any difference in taste between cooking a whole pig and just cooking a pork butt?

with the whole pig you get all the different parts of the pig, the ham the bacon the ribs etc. o like it when they are chopped and mixed together as one

Take lots of pictures of the process. id like to try one in my offset as well. one of these days. but no ideas on how to do it.

i split yesterday and rubed it down and injected lots of stuff into it
will it be that big of a deal if i didnt take the hooves off

do i do this skin side down or up

Uh--what time does she go on?????

Skin down based on my "two" and only whole hog cooks! :lol:
"Big bowl" for all the juices and flavor.
Pull the meat out when she is done.

But, what do I know about whole hog cooking :oops:

TIM

Uh--what time does she go on?????

Skin down based on my "two" and only whole hog cooks! :lol:
"Big bowl" for all the juices and flavor.
Pull the meat out when she is done.

But, what do I know about whole hog cooking :oops:

TIM

I've never cooked them, but both New Holland and Salisbury contests had Whole Hog categories... In walking around and watching people prep and cook.. Kapn is right.. skin down..

I watched your buddy Jack McDavid cook them skin down as well at both of these contests. He cooked some some farkin big arse, huge hogs.

He just uses salt and pepper... :biggrin:

PS - Kapn - Didn't you, Dave and the Turtles take 2nd place in Whole Hog at Best of the Best in GA last year ? Not too shabby.... I think that qualifies you to call Willie and give him a tutorial...

"PS - Kapn - Didn't you, Dave and the Turtles take 2nd place in Whole Hog at Best of the Best in GA last year ? Not too shabby.... I think that qualifies you to call Willie and give him a tutorial..."

Uh--Nancee, Greg, Chad, and the "local crew" of "Big Jim and friends" did that!
I just stood back and watched in awe :oops:
Damn fine eats though :lol:

It was skin side down both days.

TIM

yes lots of pics. or maybe ya can set up a Bigmista Live Webcam so we can all be there to enjoy the cook with ya.

just went to take the first pic and my battery is low and it wont let me take a pic have to recharge the battery now this sucks

What time do you expect her to be finished ?

And at this point, since you are referring to it as "she" - can we give her a name ?

How about Willietta ?????

Back