Buffalo Pig Wings

MossyMO

is one Smokin' Farker
Name or Nickame
Marty Owens
Keep seeing posts on pig wings, finally found some and they did not disappoint!
Buffalo Wing seasoned pig wings just on the 26.75” kettle with a chunk of cherry over the Vortex.

-----

Here are the Buffalo Pig Wings just finishing. Was a little over a half hour cook with a 450º temp at the lid.

-----

First four sauced with Kosmos Q Cherry Habanero BBQ sauce, next four plain with just the Owens BBQ Buffalo Wing seasoning, and the last four sauced with Blues Hog Wild Wing sauce. While I like all three, my better half preferred no sauce. Very similar to eating ribs… we will definitely be having them again!

Thanks for looking!

I loved doing these. Used to get 9lb boxes at GFS for around $38. I haven’t done them recently because, I kid you not, the last time I was at GFS a box was near $125. Haven’t looked since.

Yours look great!

Keep seeing posts on pig wings, finally found some and they did not disappoint!
Buffalo Wing seasoned pig wings just on the 26.75” kettle with a chunk of cherry over the Vortex.

-----

Here are the Buffalo Pig Wings just finishing. Was a little over a half hour cook with a 450º temp at the lid.

-----

First four sauced with Kosmos Q Cherry Habanero BBQ sauce, next four plain with just the Owens BBQ Buffalo Wing seasoning, and the last four sauced with Blues Hog Wild Wing sauce. While I like all three, my better half preferred no sauce. Very similar to eating ribs… we will definitely be having them again!

Thanks for looking!

I wonder why I do not see any pics or links in this original post.
Any ideas?
Are the pics or links still there?
JD

I loved doing these. Used to get 9lb boxes at GFS for around $38. I haven’t done them recently because, I kid you not, the last time I was at GFS a box was near $125. Haven’t looked since.

Yours look great!
GFS prices have gotten crazy high compared to what they used to be. I can find better prices at the regular grocery store.

If you break down one of their case prices of any meat to a per-pound price, you'll see it's high as heck. Don't know how they are staying in business.

They used to be one of my go-to places for bargains. Not any more.

Back