THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TheHojo

is Blowin Smoke!

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Ted
Brined then in a buttermilk brine for 4 hours - then a little jalapeño oil, Greek seasoning and pepper -

Used my Royal Fab cooker - didn’t know if I should take them to 145 or 180 - decided to do them like pork steaks

Found a mop sauce that Thirdeye had suggested about 15 years ago in an old thread - once they hit 145-150 - mopped them every 20 minutes or so until they hit 180

Let them rest in foil for 15 minutes - no gamey taste, tender and great flavor

Mixed in some grilled corn, some hot links from Muenster, Texas and some Greek rice

Got it all cleaned up for another cook - still haven’t run it with the baffle plates in it - just been going direct fire/heat - will need to give that a try

Getting a couple pieces of 12 inch angle iron cut that I can put in the basket and run a snake for low and slow with the baffles

Happy Fathers Day

Back