Cuban Sammich II

ssv3

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Sako
Hope everyone's kicking off the weekend right.

Some time back, actually quite a while back, I made some Cubanos. I had a mean craving for one tonight and due to time constraint I omitted the pork butt that I usually marinate and smoke which is part of the sammich. Instead I picked up pork tenderloin as substitute since I planned on eating tonight ya know? :becky:

Trimmed, seasoned with SPOG and paprika

xdk7cD5h.png

Tied the two tenderloins together

6pOF1Kph.png

Onto the Jumbo Joe indirect for about 45 mins

aHXgN9Rh.png

Quick sear once I hit about 150*IT

s2hR8k2h.png

Nice and moist

szz8bREh.png

Sliced for the sammich

EwgYiDTh.png

A nice crispy semi-soft roll is a must

6ZN7o0sh.png

Sliced in half

RApyD4nh.png

Yellow mustard

JfahII2h.png

Another must is a great quality ham and cheese (I'm using Kruse which by far is my favorite ham with Muenster cheese)

k6IgNaLh.png

Pickles

CRE1oJYh.png

Roasted pork (this time it's tenderloin for obvious reasons)

zjN6i7zh.png

Sammich is assembled

JR9pofCh.png

Into a greased hot cast iron pan

d4sx78Vh.png

Squish

xUMMAe1h.png

Looks like a Cubano to me

9rl0uEwh.png

iUuSL9Wh.png

hPNj7FEh.png

It was so good I actually made a second one

r7G0Zkfh.png

Cheers and thanks for looking!

5N14yAlh.png

I've never had a Cubano but from the looks of it combined with your mad cooking skills I not only want one now, I actually NEED one. :icon_smile_tongue:

I'm completely dumbfounded that I've NEVER thought of using tenderloin to make a quick Cuban. This shall happen!!

Looks GREAT! And I'll be shigging that idea of binding the two together to get more mass and even size.:grin:

Just one bite..... all I ask for is just one bite. :shocked:
Looks amazing Neighbor! :mrgreen:

Looks absolutely delicious. Haven't had a cuban in a while. May be time for one. Then again there's never a bad time for one.

I've never had a Cubano but from the looks of it combined with your mad cooking skills I not only want one now, I actually NEED one. :icon_smile_tongue:

Thanks John! You gotta a give it a go. Super easy to do and it's delicious.

I wish you would of made a third one for me. That is one fine Sammy my friend.

Thanks Ron! I have some leftover ingredients so a third one for breakfast is in order. :biggrin1:

I'm completely dumbfounded that I've NEVER thought of using tenderloin to make a quick Cuban. This shall happen!!

Looks GREAT! And I'll be shigging that idea of binding the two together to get more mass and even size.:grin:

Thanks Chris! Yep, if you want one in a jiffy tenderloin is an awesome substitute. I like that it was super tender and lean also.

Throw an egg on that sammich and call it breakfast. Excellent

Thanks! I am this morning.

Just one bite..... all I ask for is just one bite. :shocked:
Looks amazing Neighbor! :mrgreen:

More than a bite. Plenty left over for two more sammiches Neighbor! :mrgreen:

Dude...that is off the charts amazing! How is Saturday, July 25th looking for a get together at our place?

Back