Jeky question

Jbowie

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
Joe Bowie
Out of the thousands of us readers of the forum, has anyone ever made smoked jerky using pork tenderloin.

I made jeky usin pork loin and my beef jeky marinade and it was vey good, could eat it with false teeth, and flavor was good.

My HEB has had pork tenderloins for $1.97 several times. I have a stock of 10 packs of 2 in freezer. Just tryin to hae something to eat until beef gets whee po folks can buy.

Would appreciate comments

I accidentally did it. It's good, I cured it two weeks and I think the smoldering pellets jumped the maze and I probably hot smoked it rather than cold smoked. Then I got really busy as it sat on a rack on my kitchen counter for many days. When I finally got to it, the tail end will be used in cabbage or beans, maybe the last 2-3 inches on the thin side. The rest I sliced really thin on the meat slicer and it's really good even though that's not what I was going for. Leave it exposed to the air after slicing for another day and it will totally have the jerky texture.
I only used Morton's Tenderquick for the cure. 2 weeks in a ziplock in the garage fridge.

I used a month out of date kc masterpiece Caribbean jerk marinade on some thighs last night.......it was WONDERful.......you could taste some sweet, with a touch of heat.....and still had room for some wing dust over the top..........this old man got “learned something”.....

I have not used tenderloin, but plain old pork loin for Wasabi Soy jerky. It's good stuff. Reminds me I need to make some more.

I don't see why it wouldn't be just as good with tenderloin, just smaller pieces

wasabisoyjerky.jpg
fetch

Back