chicharron en chile verde con frijoles. Pork rinds in green sauce with refried beans (Recipe included)

Tonybel

Babbling Farker
Hello friends....
This recipe is not traditional but it's easy and is the way we like to do it.

We start we 2 packs of this.

Then we got 10 jalapeño and 10 tomatillo on the grill. Let them be happy until they are soft. We also used 5 garlic and 1 small onion. All goes in the blender. Then we added water to blend and added more to have a full blender.

Then on our Dutch oven we added a little oil then added our sauce until it comes to a boil. Then add the chicharron. When it comes to a boil add 1/4 bunch cilantro. Taste it and see if it needs salt. For us it didn't because of salt already on the pork rinds.

Let it sit for 15 minutes before serving.

Let's eat

Here's our refried beans recipe. Easy and can fool people that refuse to eat can beans.

We start with a 1 tbs of pork fat or Manteca. A few chile de Arbol and 1 - 1lb of bushes pinto beans. 1/4 onion chopped.

Add your chiles and onions for a quick cook with the Manteca. Then add the whole can.

Then add water to cover beans. Bring to a boil and then smash. Bring to a boil again and that's it. Let them rest for 20 minutes before serving.

Thanks for stopping by.
Tony and Maribel

Let me know if you have any questions.

Matter of fact I have some chicken leftover from Monday that would be great en chile verde. Thanks for the how-to pics and recipe!

Sorry for the late reply but I fainted after reading the thread the first time. Wow that looks good.

Here's mine with chicken, black beans, corn, pico de gallo and guacamole. Thanks again for the idea!

BC84589C-B337-4E0A-A220-ADA38132855D.jpg

Back