THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm already home and it was a great day. Just sorry I couldn't make it Friday afternoon. Dave hit it spot on. Sammy, Grilla and Blythewood put some great meat on the table and tons of it. They worked hard to make sure that everyone got their fill. Special thanks to Blythewood for all of his hard workputting this awesome outing together. Smitty wanted to know if it was going to be once or twice a year. I vote for monthly. We could build our own cabin with bunk rooms and all the extras. It doesn't hurt to dream, does it?

Thanks to everyone who turned out. We had folks from Georgia, NC, Florida and this is just the first. Can't wait till the next one.

Joe

It was fantastic meeting everyone. The complete sky blackening rain downpour on the way home made things interesting. Apparently I was supposed to stay and hit the cabo!

Thanks for all the work putting this together. Tremendous job in every aspect!

Man it was sad to leave this morning after the great weekend we had! Even though wife and I got totally soaked this morning. We had a heck of a storm roll over us right ater day break. Anyway the good news is while sitting at the campsite with grilla and his bride last night we started to somewhat plan a fall bash! We're think about something up in the mountains near the NC, GA, SC, and TN boarders. I can't express the fellings that I have about how much I enjoyed the fellowship we had this weekend. This little forum has produced life long friends for me. It was awesome to meet all of you! Here's some random pics I got to snap yesterday.

Attachments

• 20160430_081541.jpg
    20160430_081541.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 152
  • 20160430_081649.jpg
    20160430_081649.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 152
  • 20160430_144055.jpg
    20160430_144055.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 151
  • 20160430_144058.jpg
    20160430_144058.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 150
  • 20160430_145929.jpg
    20160430_145929.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 151
Wonderful pics, you guys really nailed the bash. Looks like everyone had a great time and had lots of awesome food. The location looks really nice too, wish is wasn't so far I'd love to go down, but I drove to Cary NC last week for a wedding and it was 15 hours. I guess I'll have to just wish I was there, thanks for posting.

Seriously. That rain was no joke. I'm admittedly a fairly aggressive driver and even I let off the gas to below the speed limit. At times there was less than 30 feet of visibility on the road. Glad to hear everyone seems to have gotten home ok.

My ears are wide open for a fall bash btw. Had a great time and only wish I had more time with you folks.

It missed us last night. Me grilla and the wives sat out at the campsite and enjoyed some nice leftover tri tip sandwiches and chips til about 10pm and it was great. Had a good shower during the night but nothing to bad. This morning we got the works! Thunder, lightening, and a down pour. I had packed up alot of stuff last night, but our tent and first up is soaked. Glad you made it home ok and was super cool hanging out with you bud!

Back