Canopy advice

Kingsford_LI

Found some matches.
Name or Nickame
RR
Hi Brethren,

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post. I googled Canopy advice and there were some old posts from this forum that came up. So I joined and thought I would ask again to get more recent ideas.

I would like to buy a canopy to put on concrete. I was about to buy one from Wayfair, but thought I should investigate a little further first.

10x10 or 9x9 is good.
Pop-Up or anything that one person can put up.
Would like to keep it up in my backyard all summer.
Would like to mount a TV inside of it also. Don't mind taking the TV in and out though.

Please let me know of any advice or affordable ways to go.

TV Mounts built for tents/canopys are expensive, but I found a VIVO Steel Universal Full Motion Pole Mount that may work.

Weights, sandbags, etc. Are there places to get the sandbags filled?

Type of lighting to use.

Thanks!!!
_LI.

I can't make any guarantees, just share my experience. Ozark Trail 10x10 canopy, available everywhere. Inexpensive and tough, I put up in April, take down in October as it will NOT take any kind of snow load. Slant leg, gambrel (2 angle) roof frame to help water run off. I use stone in the bags that come with it, and use the ropes as well with heavy, screw in anchors. I live at the beach, heavy rain and wind come and go, it's still standing. My friend uses the same one for his days on the beach. For $80 you may want to consider, but again, I make no guarantees. Good luck.....

The 10x20 isn't a bad price on that Wayfair link. I've put them up by myself, not fun - but doable. Nice thing about those is the drop down sides and screened windows.

Landscape yards will have loose sand you can buy by the pound. Much easier to go to Home Depot. Bags of Play sand out by the mulch, or Masonary Sand indoors by the concrete mix.

I think you might be stretching your luck if you're using a portable canopy more than a weekends worth of time. They're just not built to endure that kind of use. Even permanent ones with fabric covers only seem to last so long. The fabric anyways.

I'd you're looking for a portable one I've been happy with my 13x13 Coleman canopy from Costco. It's a two person job but I also feel the 10x10 canopy's are without something bending or stressing the frame.

As for weights you can make them yourself. All it takes is some pvc pipes, concrete, eyebolts, bolt/nuts, and velcro. Better than anything you can buy. The eyebolts are used to run a strap up towards the top of the canopy frame to help with high winds from swaying back and forth.

tkq3wyijllgq.jpg

Two 13x13 Coleman canopies helped keep 36 people dry in the park one afternoon.

blf9xh6qwvvb.jpg

heavy rain will take it down, don't ask how I know

Really! Even with the weights? I read where you need about 40 - 50 pounds on each leg. I was going to put around 70 to be sure. Hmmm... Well what if I left it up for a few days and took it down... and put it back up again for another few days? I mean I would take it down if there was a real bad weather alert.

Thanks!

I can't make any guarantees, just share my experience. Ozark Trail 10x10 canopy, available everywhere. Inexpensive and tough, I put up in April, take down in October as it will NOT take any kind of snow load. Slant leg, gambrel (2 angle) roof frame to help water run off. I use stone in the bags that come with it, and use the ropes as well with heavy, screw in anchors. I live at the beach, heavy rain and wind come and go, it's still standing. My friend uses the same one for his days on the beach. For $80 you may want to consider, but again, I make no guarantees. Good luck.....

Some great advice here! Thanks a lot for responding! I will have mine on concrete, and don't really want to bolt it down.

Thanks again!

If you want a canopy that can handle rain than the EzyFast Antipool is the only way to go. I have lost many canopies at BBQ comps in the past from rain pooling and collapsing. The EzyFast works as advertised!

https://www.ezyfast.net/product-pag...cial-grade-instant-canopy-shelter-rain-sunsh/

Hmmm, interesting. Thanks a lot for responding!!! I'll check it out. Though I don't want to bolt it onto the concrete or anything like that. Straight leg on this one? I think the other posts said that slanted legs are better for wind.

Thanks again!

Back