Cooked Turkey today - best way to transport and reheat tomorrow?

gtsum

Babbling Farker
Greetings and Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I am looking for some advice here, as I havent done this before (cooked and transported and eaten on different days). I spatchcocked a 15lb turkey and smoked him this morning. We are going to the lake for the week about 100 miles away and heading there this afternoon. Will have dinner tommorrow - what is the best way to transport and reheat? I was thinking of letting it cool and then carve out the breasts and thighs and legs and then vaccum seal them - tomorrow I was going to reheat the bags like I would if it was pulled pork or brisket...is there a better way?? Should I slice the breasts up and vaccum seal them that way or whole? The bird just came off the smoker, so I should of thought this out a little better ahead of time! Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

fd4c27fd1fa786a04ce05e29abb80747.jpg

96ee03694d092b0650c8b7efc134023b.jpg

For years now we have cooked our holiday turkey the day before the feast. We bone out the entire bird and arrange the meat in a pan, cover with foil, refrigerate, then reheat with added broth just like Chris Allingham does. I also cook the bird in a bag and save all the liquid for gravy. After refrigerating it's very simple to defat the liquid if you want to. I prefer to just mix the fat with flour and make a roux to thicken the gravy. I also add a little chicken bouillon and some chicken stock to stretch the gravy a little.

Back