Back on track with bachin it

locolobo

is one Smokin' Farker
Due to my favorite youngest daughter throwin a monkey wrench into my plans, I am a little late gettin my cook on.

I mean, who, in their right mind would turn down a free, without havin to cook or buy the bugs, just eat crawfish (or cue or whatever someone else is willing to cook), drink a little beer along with it, go home and not having to clean up after everybody left, dinner with friends and family? I've been on that other side many times. It was my turn to chill yesterday!
Anyway, I did get my soup in the slow cooker about noon thirty yesterday. I did, kinda veer from the plan somewhat as the carrots from the garden were not as big as I thought they were. Would'a had to pull up the whole row to make this soup. And the peas were not up to par either. And what I thought was Slap Ya Momma was really Tony's creole seasoning. I didn't wanna go to HEB and spend a lotta $. So I ended up with: Commercial grated carrots from a bag and some Malabar spinach that was already in the fridge along with the cabbage and my last full grown radishes from the garden. Made do with the Tony's ( pretty much the same flavor but SYM is a little hotter).
The soup was on medium in the slow cooker until about 8pm, when I got home. Had a pretty good flavor to it. Meat was not tough. Will try it out for real tomorrow evening, my "day off" today.

As for the sauerkraut, Got that done today, just finished in fact. Hopin all those Youtube Yahoos know what they're talkin about, cause I made my own compilation of YT stuff in my mind , forgot most of it and went full steam ahead! I did a quart jar for my first time, Seasonings were: a few smashed garlic cloves, Coupl'a bay leaves and, fresh dill fronds (yep, you guessed it) from the garden. Along with the salt and sugar for the fermentation process ( not suppose to lend much flavor in the finished product as it gets used up in the fermentation process).

So, wish me luck on this endeavor as it is my first time tryin to ferment anything. Ought'a be about ready, about the time Momma gets home (she don't like sauerkraut)!

Back