Blackstone pizza oven deal

thats hilarious Jaskew. I've been tempted to buy a pizza oven too and can already hear my wifes comments in the back of my head. I had to give a buddy one of my kettles cause she didn't understand why i had 4 of them.

Haha. Sounds like me. I'm picking up an offset this weekend. I said yea I'll try and sell my kettle performer since I have another kettle, ceramic, b.s., yaktori, brick grill I built many years ago.

I am in serious trouble now. I have five BGE's at home, and one of these on order now. Thanks a lot, my wife is going to kill me when she finds out. I have until September 1st when it arrives at the lowes by my office to come up with a plan. I think its time to sell the small BGE to make room ...
Better make room for a MiniMax! :biggrin1:

Ha Ha your wife said DUCK, or did she? You know she'll be the one enjoying all those pies coming off the Balckstone.

Better make room for a MiniMax! :biggrin1:

haha. I am hoping to get it down to the Medium, Large, and XL. I am finding the cuteness of the mini and small have worn off. I always use the medium.

I think if I have it down to 3 eggs, one genesis, one bubba keg, 2 wsm's, one 26.75 kettle, two jumbo joes, one WGA, and one blackstone, my wife should be cool with that.

The voices in my head told me I was right. We are all in agreement in here.

The link shows the BS oven @$400 at my local Lowe's. I assume it was $300 on 8-21. Amazon had it for $300, but sold out.

For $300, this is a "No-Brainer". Wives can not complain when their faceholes are filled with delicious pizza!

The link shows the BS oven @$400 at my local Lowe's. I assume it was $300 on 8-21. Amazon had it for $300, but sold out.

For $300, this is a "No-Brainer". Wives can not complain when their faceholes are filled with delicious pizza!

It's still showing $299 at my local store. You might check some more stores and find it.

@jaskew82: let me know if you really need to get rid of a UDS, WSM, or Stumps. :cool:

You know, to maintain domestic harmony. :biggrin1:

BTW: I showed my pizza loving wife the Blackstone and she actually laughed, then immediately changed her tone and said, "We are not getting this." She then said, "I know we eat Poppa Johns a lot, but don't even think of saying we can save money by getting this and not ordering from Poppa Johns." This is the woman that doesn't eat Q, but can and will happily eat pizza every day of the week.

Bruce

Bruce,

For whatever it's worth, my wife (known here as The Missus, who is a fine chef, btw) isn't really a pizza fan. At least not until I got the Blackstone. I was telling her about this thread here and reminding her we've had pizza twice this week. She laughed, commenting on how this cooker has changed our lives and we now have one meal per week we can always count on!

And yes, it WILL save you money. I've done the math, and even these days with high grocery prices it's still cheaper by at least 25% and with much better quality ingredients.

@jaskew82: let me know if you really need to get rid of a UDS, WSM, or Stumps. :cool:

You know, to maintain domestic harmony. :biggrin1:

BTW: I showed my pizza loving wife the Blackstone and she actually laughed, then immediately changed her tone and said, "We are not getting this." She then said, "I know we eat Poppa Johns a lot, but don't even think of saying we can save money by getting this and not ordering from Poppa Johns." This is the woman that doesn't eat Q, but can and will happily eat pizza every day of the week.

Bruce

@Moose: I appreciate the response!

In our home, there's a process that needs to play out. That process is, if the purchase is over a certain dollar amount, I need to introduce the concept. She then needs to say no. It's OK, that's part of the process! Then she needs to think about it. It helps if I remind her about the purchase periodically. In this case, that will probably involve me doing something like going to Quicken to tally up how much money we spend on pizza from PappaJohns each year... That will probably help provide perspective for her. She's not someone motivated by the allure of good food. She's the kind of person that just isn't into food. Example: she could have Cap'n Crunch for dinner each night and be quite content! :crazy:

Eventually, if it's something I really want to get, she'll eventually get to the point where she sees it's important to me and will acquiesce.

We'll have to see what happens. Unfortunately, my timing was bad. Earlier this week, I had been talking to her about getting a new smoker. :doh:

Bruce

Once again, the brethren are responsible for the skinnying of my wallet. Just ordered and got an estimated delivery (to Lowes) of 9/2, so at least the price is locked in and I have a while for buyer's remorse to set in and cancel it.

If anyone's wondering what a pizza looks like that comes out of the Blackstone Oven, here's a few:
I couldn't imagine living without this cooker! Short of building a wood fired oven, there's really not much else than can come close.

Thanks Moose - had a wood fired oven at the old house & it was great. I'll build one here too but it's gonna take a year to get around to it, so think I'll get one of these for the short term. :clap2:

Great now I'm going to have to find room on the deck for the one I ordered.... oh the humanity!:mrgreen:

If you are having trouble convincing the wife start off with a quality stone and a superpeel. That's what I did, no my wife and kids are addicted to my pizza. Now she's onboard with building an outdoor brick oven.

Ya showing $400 on my Lowes site, but looks like Cabelas has it for $300

Sometimes the Lowe's website does some strange things. If you aren't seeing the $299 price...call 800-44LOWES. The folks there will make sure you get it at the correct price.

Back