Black Ops Rub

Alright, all this Black Ops talk got me wanting some. I ordered some Habanero Death Dust and Black Ops from them just now, I haven't tried any yet. But with the Superbowl on the horizon, a new wing flavor would be good so the Death Dust sounded good.

So i kept hearing about people using Black Ops Brisket rub, and decided I would give it a try. But not being too familiar with it or who made it I ended up purchasing a different brand "Black Ops" Rub. Seems that Oakridge BBQ isn't the only one selling a "Black Ops" Rub.

http://www.amazon.com/Black-Ops-Sea...&qid=1387569130&sr=8-1&keywords=black+ops+rub

It's a decent rub, but for $15 for only about 6oz is quite pricey. Gonna have to get the Oakridge version and see how it compares.

I feel like i've been had.

Hey Grimm, sorry about the confusion. Please shoot me a PM with your name and address and I will send you a pound of our Black Ops Brisket Rub free of charge.

I must admit, I've never heard of this other company and we did a boat-load of market research before we named our brisket rub last year. It's splitting hairs, but their company name is Black OPS while our product name is Black OPS, but obviously it's still quite confusing to would-be customers. I will do some more investigation, but preliminary research seems to indicate they've used the name longer than us. If this is in fact the case, I will be looking for a new name for our brisket rub. We certainly never meant to copy someone else's product name and I value business integrity higher than any sales interruption a re-branding might cause. Thanks for posting this, and rest assured, we will do the right thing.

Some of my many experiences of being a first timer at the 2013 American Royal was meeting some of the Oakridge BBQ Sponsored Teams from around the country, some of which are also Brethren. And just chatting about the rubs and how they were experimenting and using them-of course nobody is giving away secrets but everyone is agreement in the quality of ingredients and finished product. You will not be disappointed in Black Ops!
Mike Trump took the time to come around and meet all the teams and deliver product to those that needed some and offered a sneak peek of some of his newest creations in the works. I've seen it time and time again on the forum of Mike going above and beyond the call to get things right whether it be brine proportions or hooking people up. It was a pleasure to meet him and be part of the Team.

IMG_0520.jpg

Now go get you some!

Mike is a class act that's for sure! Very nice gesture Mr Trump :thumb:

If there was only one rub company I could by rubs from if would be Oakridge hands down. SO fresh and SO tasty!

Back