THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I like that crust recipe... and found I like it in the fridge for 2-3 days before using.

I have found I like doing my pizzas around 700 degrees for about 6 minutes, and I do the basil in a chiffinade cut, and add it after cooking. Just my own preference.

john, that pizza looks awesome! sigh...BGE, WSM,...not available here! Thats ok, I have a UDS! no pizza, but great BBQ!

The white residue is most likey ash from toasting everything on the surface. What mine usually looks like after a high temp clean out.

that sounds right too.

hey jd, my mixer is not that smooth. when i make bread dough, the mixer bucks as it kneads the dough. maybe it's because the dough is stiffer. or maybe my mixer is junk? :confused:

that sounds right too.

hey jd, my mixer is not that smooth. when i make bread dough, the mixer bucks as it kneads the dough. maybe it's because the dough is stiffer. or maybe my mixer is junk? :confused:

Mine bucks too when I kick it up to med low...that was the low speed knead mode clip.

I like that crust recipe... and found I like it in the fridge for 2-3 days before using.

I have found I like doing my pizzas around 700 degrees for about 6 minutes, and I do the basil in a chiffinade cut, and add it after cooking. Just my own preference.

I usually leave the dough overnight as well...this was the first time I made the pies the same day as the dough. The other 4 balls are in the freezer...I'm curious how they will cook.

nice pics and wish i could do that cause mine just don't turn out quite right

Practice makes perfect bro...some of my first pies looked like chit! :p

the modded out webber would certainly solve the gasket issues in the ceramics but I already got that issue figured out. Whatcha do is just keep cooking and keep cooking and try not to do no lo n slo cooks till you get this natural gunk build up to replace the gasket and it last forever. I wouldn't chit ya - no way.

the modded out webber would certainly solve the gasket issues in the ceramics but I already got that issue figured out. Whatcha do is just keep cooking and keep cooking and try not to do no lo n slo cooks till you get this natural gunk build up to replace the gasket and it last forever. I would chit ya - no way.

I believe you...Swamprb cooked on his first BGE forever without a gasket...:lol::lol::lol:

Back