BGE Pizza...a play-by-play...

I like that crust recipe... and found I like it in the fridge for 2-3 days before using.

I have found I like doing my pizzas around 700 degrees for about 6 minutes, and I do the basil in a chiffinade cut, and add it after cooking. Just my own preference.

john, that pizza looks awesome! sigh...BGE, WSM,...not available here! Thats ok, I have a UDS! no pizza, but great BBQ!

The white residue is most likey ash from toasting everything on the surface. What mine usually looks like after a high temp clean out.

that sounds right too.

hey jd, my mixer is not that smooth. when i make bread dough, the mixer bucks as it kneads the dough. maybe it's because the dough is stiffer. or maybe my mixer is junk? :confused:

that sounds right too.

hey jd, my mixer is not that smooth. when i make bread dough, the mixer bucks as it kneads the dough. maybe it's because the dough is stiffer. or maybe my mixer is junk? :confused:

Mine bucks too when I kick it up to med low...that was the low speed knead mode clip.

I like that crust recipe... and found I like it in the fridge for 2-3 days before using.

I have found I like doing my pizzas around 700 degrees for about 6 minutes, and I do the basil in a chiffinade cut, and add it after cooking. Just my own preference.

I usually leave the dough overnight as well...this was the first time I made the pies the same day as the dough. The other 4 balls are in the freezer...I'm curious how they will cook.

nice pics and wish i could do that cause mine just don't turn out quite right

Practice makes perfect bro...some of my first pies looked like chit! :p

the modded out webber would certainly solve the gasket issues in the ceramics but I already got that issue figured out. Whatcha do is just keep cooking and keep cooking and try not to do no lo n slo cooks till you get this natural gunk build up to replace the gasket and it last forever. I wouldn't chit ya - no way.

the modded out webber would certainly solve the gasket issues in the ceramics but I already got that issue figured out. Whatcha do is just keep cooking and keep cooking and try not to do no lo n slo cooks till you get this natural gunk build up to replace the gasket and it last forever. I would chit ya - no way.

I believe you...Swamprb cooked on his first BGE forever without a gasket...:lol::lol::lol:

Back