Beef Back Ribs

TheHojo

is Blowin Smoke!

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Ted
Grabbed the last pack they had at HEB this morning - set up the kettle for indirect and smoked them at 275 -280 for a little over 3 hours using lump and a couple chunks of cherry wood

After 2 hours mopped them with some left over bbq sauce from Zavalas in Grand Prairie and some Lone Star Light

Enjoyed with some barracho beans

Have to say they were pretty darn good

I've been liking beef back ribs for a while now vs trying to find good short ribs. Cooked some today. Those look great.

mmmm HEB

the ribs look good too!

YES to both......sure wish we had HEB in FL and Central Market too. I spent a lot of time and $$$$ at Central Market every time we visited our Son in Dallas before he moved back to FL in 2018. Nothing compares to it here in FL.

How do back ribs compare to short ribs? I know they come from different parts of the cow, but how do they cook and taste?

How do back ribs compare to short ribs? I know they come from different parts of the cow, but how do they cook and taste?

I actually enjoy them a bit more - they aren’t as rich as plate ribs/short ribs - kind of remind me of baby back ribs in terms of prep and cooking

These took me about 3-3.5 hours - while plate ribs will take me 7 or 8 hours. If you have not tried them before I would give them a try

Back