Beef Back Ribs

CivilTrojan

is one Smokin' Farker
Name or Nickame
Chad
I’m planning on smoking some beef back ribs soon, but when I went to the store the precut ones looked meatier so I picked those up. Will they cook faster because they’re already cut into individual ribs or will the 4-4.5 hours at 250 still work? I’m planning on cooking some poor man’s burnt ends at the same time and it seems like from what I’ve seen they take about the same amount of time, is this true? Also, these are not cryopacked, how long can I wait before I need to freeze/cook them?

Thanks for any and all help!

Cut ribs, what ever the meat, beef, pork, lamb, goat, ..., will cook faster. This can be a good thing, more bark, and hey, they cook faster. I still like whole racks though, I'm a frikken dinosaur.

Cut ribs, what ever the meat, beef, pork, lamb, goat, ..., will cook faster. This can be a good thing, more bark, and hey, they cook faster. I still like whole racks though, I'm a frikken dinosaur.

Do you know approximately how much faster? The plan was to get a whole rack, but that were really thin and these looked better.

Any advice on how long meat that isn’t cryopacked can last before it needs to be cooked/frozen?

Any advice on how long meat that isn’t cryopacked can last before it needs to be cooked/frozen?

It should have a sell by date on the package.

It might cook a little faster, I wouldn't rush it too much. The meat still needs time to cook thoroughly. Ya still need to get internal temps to the 205 range or you'll end up with tough beef.

Back