Beef ribs

1911Ron

is Blowin Smoke!
Name or Nickame
Ron
I bought some beef ribs awhile back and want to do them in the next couple of days, they are good sized and look really good.
My plan is to do them about 250-275 and guessing about 5 hours?
I'm going to put a coffee rub on them and do them nekkid (the ribs not me!:shocked:) and let it go until they are done.
Am I in the ballpark with my plan? Suggestions and advice welcome!

Are they separated or whole slab? My experience with whole slab at 250 degrees is 6-8 hours.

It certainly sounds like you are in the ballpark, just make sure you have an extra beer or two in case they run long:wink:

Yup - but could run longer than 5hrs (atleast it always does for me lol)

All the label said was Beef Rib beyond that???? I know that it is a good sized package.

One rule of thumb could be "the thicker they are, the longer they will take".

Back ribs have meat between the bones (and are the same bones that are on a bone-in prime rib) and these take me around 6 hours to cook tender. I use a wrap step for 1 to 1.5 hours.

Plate ribs are the big boys. The bones can be 8" or longer and the meat is on top of the bones, and can be a couple of inches thick. I cooker these closer to 8 hours, and often use a wrapped step. Probe tender is the key here.

Flanken ribs are cross-cut slices of plate ribs and thin enough to be grilled over high heat. Also called Korean style ribs.

Your plan for the beef ribs sounds fantastic! Cooking them at 250-275 degrees Fahrenheit for around 5 hours is a good starting point, but keep in mind that cooking times can vary based on the size and thickness of the ribs. It's always best to cook by temperature rather than solely relying on time. Using a coffee rub on the ribs will add a unique and flavorful twist. Going "nekkid" (without sauce) will allow the natural flavors of the meat to shine through. Just make sure that the meat is fresh and high quality, you can look at costco beef prices and choose the perfect one for you.

Back