THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Took her down the road this afternoon with my dads suburban.. The truck didn't like it very much lol was bottomed out as soon as i hooked it up.. also was pegged at 60 on the interstate down to the floor lol going to try it with my Ram 2500 Cummins on Monday to see how it acts. My dad was suprised his truck did so bad with it

Wow that is amazingly huge! Congrats and thanks for taking the time to post pics.
Please post some from an event that you cater with it all filled up!
I have to learn to weld some day...

Ok Towed it Yesterday with the 2500 it did much better.. She weighs in at 7000 pounds.. went over to the scales.. Needs a lot more tongue weight.. Was going to build the wood and coal box out of 1/8 inch sheet metal.. thinking of beefing that up to at least 3/16 to help with that.. She still wanted to sway on me a little out of the corners.. because she was balancing on her axles.. so we need at least 1000 pounds tongue weight to make her behave right.. Plan to start on the box/fryer build today..

Attachments

• Weight Ticket.jpg
    Weight Ticket.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 547
Ok making Progress on the front box.. relocated the spare tire mounts to the front of the trailer.. The 2 openings left will be the doors.. Working with this 1/8 inch thick metal had been an absolute nightmare :twitch:.. we've worked with nothing thinner than 1/4 inch before.. so this is a new experience.. the bottom of the box is 3/8th plate (taking care of my tongue weight problem) and this box will house and keep dry my cooking wood.. a lot of it lol and the open side will be where we mount the fryers.. The Box is Approximately 45 inches by 44 with x 57 long.. will be completely enclosed from the weather..

Attachments

• Front Box Progress (1).jpg
    Front Box Progress (1).jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 518
Back