THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thanks Doog, Boomer BBQ, BluDawg (The Legend), and TexasGrill I'm going to be loading it up heavy when I get it done.. will need some folks to come eat! lol so Come on Down!

Yep 4ever3 lol measured bottom grate tonight.. over 3000 square inches will be 3 levels of grates in main tank or roughly 9000 square inches in the main chamber bring some friends! Lol

Last edited:
Need an address and estimated day of the first cook. I gotta set up these days off in advance. Plus it takes a few days to ride out there.

Really though that thing is huge! I cant wait to see what you put in there. Just let us know beforehand so the rest of us can stock up before you decimate the meat supply and make it to expensive for the rest of us.

Lol well shooting for Memorial day weekend.. prolly going to be mostly chicken or whatever I can get cheap that weekend lol maybe a couple butts and Briskets

Wow! You're gonna need to hire a couple full time coal tenders to keep that beast chuggin.
Thanks for sharing the build with us. Really do enjoy following it.:clap:

The bottom grate will not slide.. will be able to lift out though.. the top 2 or 3 hadn't decided yet how many will slide.. out

Attachments

• 54.jpg
    54.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 483
  • 55.jpg
    55.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 485
and the deflector plate off the firebox was made from the Baffle that came in the tank.. Repurposing what the tank gave us to our needs. Also will be adding Tuning plates to the tank

Last edited:
Fired her up yesterday for the first time.. was pleasantly surprised by how well it went.. no tuning plates in her yet.. just baffle from firebox 1 bag of charcoal and 4 sticks to start... temp shot up to 450 and stayed there for about an hour.. than I added 2 small splits.. 350 and then I let it die down a bit and added 1 larger split and she coasted 275_300 I think this pit will require far less fuel than I originally thought. Oh and of course some pics! lol

Attachments

• 58.jpg
    58.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 453
  • 57.jpg
    57.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 454
Now we are preparing to get her mounted on the trailer and sandblasted then adding thermos and painting.. Finish line is near! Don't know what I will do with my free time once we get her done lol I guess I could spend it with my Fiancé lol

Got it on the trailer finally! lol It was so scary though.. When he first picked it up with the Bob cat it was shaking back and forth a lot.. I thought sure it was coming down.. but it didn't once it steadied we added guide lines and then moved it onto the trailer.. and sat it down on the 4x7.25 channel we had welded down.. on the 1/4 plate. Trailer squatted about 2 inches from being empty.. Looks like this is going to work well! Mounted it this far back to leave room on the front for a Cooler holder, Big wood basket, and R&V works 8.5 gallon fryers..

Attachments

• Loading it onto the trailer (3).jpg
    Loading it onto the trailer (3).jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 530
  • Loading it onto the trailer (2).jpg
    Loading it onto the trailer (2).jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 529
Finished product.. finishing welding it to the trailer today.. going to get done with the holes for the thermos this weekend.. they take quite a while to drill.. tank is about 1/2 thick..

Attachments

• Loading it onto the trailer (7).jpg
    Loading it onto the trailer (7).jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 530
Plan on Getting it blasted next week and then finally painting it to get it done. This project has been labor intensive but the payoff is well worth it.. My dad is getting older.. and this will likely be our last project of this magnitude.. I am so proud to have him as my dad.. He has taught me a lot over the years.. and continues to do so.. Doing this together with him is something I will remember all my life..

Back