Back at it again.. Just got tank will be new offset smoker.. Come inside with pics!

Got legs Welded on to Tank and Intake holes cut into one side of the firebox

Attachments

• Big Grill 26.jpg
    Big Grill 26.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 914
  • Big Grill 25.jpg
    Big Grill 25.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 918
Big%20Grill%20%201_zpsx1fupls0.jpg

Got my handles figured out and Welded on one side

Yair . . .

Need ideas for gas shock assist or spring door lift assist? The doors on this thing are heavy about 90 pounds a piece.

Over here torsion springs are common to assist lifting ramps on horse floats and such. they are available in various ratings and are certainly more durable than struts . . . might be worth a look.

We had some custom made at a spring works and they were still reasonable in cost.

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/ramp-springs

Cheers.

Yair . . .

Over here torsion springs are common to assist lifting ramps on horse floats and such. they are available in various ratings and are certainly more durable than struts . . . might be worth a look.

We had some custom made at a spring works and they were still reasonable in cost.

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/ramp-springs

Cheers.

Thanks for the the suggestion need something extremely heavy duty though these doors are extremely heavy.. need at least 150 pounds each.. any ideas?

Yair . . .

Thanks for the the suggestion need something extremely heavy duty though these doors are extremely heavy.. need at least 150 pounds each.. any ideas?

No problem, as I say, the common application is to assist lifting ramps on horse floats and machinery trailers, they come in a wide range of capacities, your needs are relatively modest.

Cheers.

Yair . . .

DownHomeQue
Ordered a couple will try them out thanks

No worries mate. You will have to be a little creative to come up with a tidy installation . . . I usually work them in as part of the hinge assembly.

Cheers.

Progress Update.. Got Upright Smoker Attached.. was sort of sketchy the way we did it.. My friend was supposed to show up with a tractor but he had an emergency and couldn't come.. so we improvised using a trailer 2 floor jacks, a truck and a lot of wood biggest of which where large pieces of hickory we hadn't split yet

My dad standing next to the grill in the picture is 6' 3" the grill on the ground stands about 9'6" on the trailer will be about 11'8" no kidding had to check the oversized load laws in each state I will be hauling through lol

Back