For a new 250 gallon trailer pit, who would you use and why?

I have the primitive guide I can send if you want it. Seems they have gotten better with the welds aspect. You never know what deals people are getting from pit makers, but the ones that were running Primitive in Texas all seem to be going to different brands for their new pits.

I’ll probably have a deposit on an ASW 500 by the end of the year.

I have the primitive guide I can send if you want it. Seems they have gotten better with the welds aspect. You never know what deals people are getting from pit makers, but the ones that were running Primitive in Texas all seem to be going to different brands for their new pits.

I’ll probably have a deposit on an ASW 500 by the end of the year.

I’ve seen this stated before. Do you know which places? Hurtado was the only name I saw I believe.

Wasn’t Butter’s running Primitive as well? He just recently got a brand new Cen-Tex. First one that comes to mind.

At the moment I'm leaning towards ASW but, with the new Shirley on YouTube, I'm hoping Paul and I can come up with something for me. :-D

The Primitive guide included above is pretty close to the other "soft" quotes I have. Moberg and Millscale are a mystery but, I have a pretty firm quote from ASW.

Moberg isn’t a mystery, he posts prices all the time on Instagram. MillScale doesn’t do 250s.

Big Phil posts their prices on their website, so you can price out what you want. Nice looking cooking units.

Have you looked at East Texas Smoker co.? I had one of their 250's and it was a great smoker. My needs changed and I ended up selling it. They can build one to suit your needs. They are located in Tyler, Tx.

Have you looked at East Texas Smoker co.? I had one of their 250's and it was a great smoker. My needs changed and I ended up selling it. They can build one to suit your needs. They are located in Tyler, Tx.

I have been to East Texas Smokers which is reasonably close to me. I'm sure they build a good smoker but, for the price they seem a bit rough around the edges.

Moberg smokers

250 gallon on a trailer
  • starting at $9000
  • Insulated firebox
  • 1 upper slide-out
  • 2 Tel-Tru gauges
  • Holds 6-8 briskets

Back