Anyone here ever smoke cream cheese?

Nothing in the smoker should ever taste like a stinky ashtray.

Either old wood or poor draft in the smoker typically causes this.

Smoked cream cheese Report: Big win! Even though it was smoked two days before, it was the biggest hit of the meal. One was seasoned w/ Meat Church Honey Hog and the other was seasoned w/ "Chipotle Seasoning, Rub Some Heat" by "BBQ Spot". Smoked in cherry for 2 1/4 - 2 1/2 hours at 250. The one w/ Honey hog was drizzled with honey and the Rub Some Heat was topped with hot pepper jelly. Served w/ pita chips. Those were gone in as much time as it took for people to eat them and go back for seconds. It actulally stopped the conversation as people were arriving. I'll def do this again.
Thanks!
JD

Glad it turned out good for you. I will admit, i haven't tried smoking cheese since before pellet smokers were a thing. Last time i tried cold smoking cheese was using a 5 gallon bucket half filled with ice and attaching a venturi style wood chip smoke generator. It was so long ago i probably even used soaked wood chips.

No wonder it tasted like an ash try, lol

Smoked cream cheese Report: Big win! Even though it was smoked two days before, it was the biggest hit of the meal. One was seasoned w/ Meat Church Honey Hog and the other was seasoned w/ "Chipotle Seasoning, Rub Some Heat" by "BBQ Spot". Smoked in cherry for 2 1/4 - 2 1/2 hours at 250. The one w/ Honey hog was drizzled with honey and the Rub Some Heat was topped with hot pepper jelly. Served w/ pita chips. Those were gone in as much time as it took for people to eat them and go back for seconds. It actulally stopped the conversation as people were arriving. I'll def do this again.
Thanks!
JD

Get used to it. You can smoke a brisket for 10+ hours on a stick burner and pour your blood, sweet, and tears into it but it will be quickly forgotten with the smoked cream cheese. Crazy how an appetizer that takes 5 minutes to prep will make people forget about everything else.

Back