Another New Old Country Pit - FlowMaster

What seems to bother me the most about these smokers is they never seem to have all the grates. The tag clearly states 3 cooking grates and there is only 1 in the cooking chamber and I'm assuming, if it isn't missing, one in the firebox. After reading all the reviews if seems people are constantly asking the question on grate quantity and why their smoker is missing parts and academy's standard response is to contact bbquepits.com of call 956-286-6389. For a $500-$600 I can't figure out why this is such a re-occuring problem. I was going to pull the trigger on an over and under here in KC but not a single one had all the grates advertised.

A lot of that is on Academy. I've found grates an aisle over.
Still they are shipped inside and marketed with 2 so why is the store removing them? It reflects bad on Old Country in the eyes of the consumer. Just like the rough handling they receive once delivered to the distribution points.

Still they are shipped inside and marketed with 2 so why is the store removing them? It reflects bad on Old Country in the eyes of the consumer. Just like the rough handling they receive once delivered to the distribution points.

Chitty employees and kids in store. I found a kids ball glove in it.

Rumor has it the Weber Summit charcoal Kamado will scare $1500:shock:
It's outside my price by a whole lot!
Going by Acadamy tomorrow to look

I wish we had an academy in Colorado. I've been smoking on my webers for years, but all these great looking old country pits you keep posting make me want an offset.

I wish we had an academy in Colorado. I've been smoking on my webers for years, but all these great looking old country pits you keep posting make me want an offset.
Find the Store closest to you .. Shipping on those pits is only 80.00 to Phoenix So Im sure it would be similar for you .

Went to the KC Academy and they didn't have any. They did however have 2 over and unders with (1) grate a piece. It just blows my mind.

I love the idea of adding a rotisserie to the full size. How many grill do you have to have before it's considered a collection?

Low and behold where I went to eat lunch there was an Academy only 1 mile out of the way:grin:
Had 2 over & unders, both with both grates.
2 or 3 wranglers & pecos and 10 brazos pits, even one $699 vertical pit.
Sadly no flow masters :mmph:
Somehow spent $32 on crappie & bream baits before I left :shock:

Not in firebox. ? It's made to move from firebox to cook chamber.

Nope. Not in either one. I've also found the grates arent always interchangeable between some of the smokers that are the same model. There is a slight enough variance between each that the rack from one over and under won't exactly fit another which begs the question of how do you even know if a replacement grate will fit. Not doging on Old Country but they gotta boost their QC. Love the designs and price points but QC could be better.

Went by the 2 academy's locally & neither had in stock.
Said they would order but I'd rather see & measure before i bought.
Was hoping for a Weber Summit Kamado but that went up in smoke when the price was announced!

Back