All the griddle talk...i.e Blackstone etc..

Trust me. If the Blackstone is too pricy, get a two burner outdoor stove and a Camp Chef griddle. It will give you the same results as the Blackstone, just less capacity. I have both, use both and have no complaints. I also have the one you linked, I never use it. Been there, done that. Decent for pancakes.

Thanks good to know. It does get really good reviews and not expensive so i might try it if other than to get more use out of my gas grill.

If you have an interest, Costco is liquidating their end of year Camp Chef stock on the three burner Denali with a single burner griddle for $99.99. It's by far a great bargain. You can then order a SG-90 and you can have a two zone griddle, or order the SG-100 and the griddle will cover all three burners.

camp-chef-denali-propane-burner-stove-griddle-costco.jpg

When not using the griddle you can cook corn, seafood boil, or even cook outside without heating the house to make the AC unit work harder..

My Blackstone 4 burner griddle arrived yesterday. It has a stainless base as well.

We are awful busy here in the last couple of weeks. I was sicker than hell yesterday. We shall leave it at that.

We are expecting 6 out of state family members for a week stay over at our house. I hope I can get the griddle up and seasoned in the next couple days. I will try and snag some photos for you all.

My Blackstone 4 burner griddle arrived yesterday. It has a stainless base as well.

We are awful busy here in the last couple of weeks. I was sicker than hell yesterday. We shall leave it at that.

We are expecting 6 out of state family members for a week stay over at our house. I hope I can get the griddle up and seasoned in the next couple days. I will try and snag some photos for you all.

Wash off. Cheap Bacon, onions coconut oil. Seasoned in minutes Get well

This is what I would recommend for those not able to purchase a Blackstone at this point.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Chef-King-Gauge-Steel-Griddle/dp/B001BQYS3C/ref=pd_sim_sbs_79_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=1GCDF4V81KMBM4NVD1Z5"]Amazon.com: Chef King 7 Gauge Steel Griddle, 14 Inch x 23 Inch: Kitchen & Dining@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/412xG3KAA8L.@@AMEPARAM@@412xG3KAA8L[/ame]

I gotta get one for my gasser:

[ame="https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LSriW4F_caY"]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LSriW4F_caY[/ame]

For my gasser, I just bought GrillGrates and flip them upside down. They have holes, so no eggs or cheesesteaks unless you use foil, but to me, I don't have room for another cooker...

At OpticsPlanet, they'll give you a $5 coupon if you sign up for their email list. When they send the confirmation email with an activation link, DON'T click on the link. Just ignore it. In a day or two, they'll send you another email with a confirmation link and will give you a 12% off coupon for clicking it.

This is from the first email they send:

[FONT=&quot]Almost Done! Confirm Your Email Subscription Now & Get $5 OFF Your Next Order [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]To confirm your email subscription to the OpticsPlanet.com email list, please click the following link: [/FONT]
This is from the second:

You signed up for our newsletters some time ago but never finished your sign up process by confirming your email. Because of this, we haven't sent you any of our newsletters.

Normally when you confirm, we send you a $5 off coupon... but since this is a special request, we'll send you a special one-time coupon for 12% off your next order* of $50 or more!

If you have an interest, Costco is liquidating their end of year Camp Chef stock on the three burner Denali with a single burner griddle for $99.99. It's by far a great bargain. You can then order a SG-90 and you can have a two zone griddle, or order the SG-100 and the griddle will cover all three burners.

camp-chef-denali-propane-burner-stove-griddle-costco.jpg

When not using the griddle you can cook corn, seafood boil, or even cook outside without heating the house to make the AC unit work harder..

I have the 2 burner Camp Chef and the SG-90 griddle and that thing is awesome. We've been doing a complete kitchen reno and due to some issues with new cabinets I've been cooking exclusively on the camp chef and the kettle for over a month. Having the griddle has been fantastic.

My only complaint about that griddle is that the grease catcher setup isn't that great. It comes with a little hanger thing that you're supposed to put a tin can in (I think), but I don't often eat canned goods and have a hard time finding something that works well to put in the catcher. And it doesn't stick out any so in windy conditions I have a tendency to get grease on the legs of the stove, which kinda sucks. I've thought about welding a piece of channel to extend the drain spout, but then I don't think it'd fit in the carry bag...

But for cooking on? Love the thing!

I have been using this camp chef griddle for over two years. Its one of the only reasons I still use the gasser.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Camp-Chef-Griddle-SG90-Covers-Burners/dp/B000J066DQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1437661105&sr=8-2&keywords=camp+chef+griddle"]Amazon.com: Camp Chef Pro Griddle SG90-Covers Left 2 Burners on a 3 Burner Stove: Camp Chef Griddles: Home & Kitchen@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41FuIYGP6EL.@@AMEPARAM@@41FuIYGP6EL[/ame]

Attachments

• 2013-11-19 12.23.34.jpg
    2013-11-19 12.23.34.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 160
^^^^ that's sharp. Reminds me I have a custom stainless top. Somewhere. Bet the bride knows. She knows where everything is that I've not used in a while.

Good job

I'm torn between cast iron being able to retain heat better but SS being able to heat up faster and cool down faster and the clean up seems easier.

I'm kinda leaning toward the camp chef with built in heat diffuser but what's it made out of? Is the grease tray deep enough?

I'm torn between cast iron being able to retain heat better but SS being able to heat up faster and cool down faster and the clean up seems easier.

I'm kinda leaning toward the camp chef with built in heat diffuser but what's it made out of? Is the grease tray deep enough?

It's either carbon steel or cast iron. Definitely not stainless. It will rust and requires seasoning.

Like I mentioned in my post above it's not really a grease tray. It is a funnel to the side that has an opening. It comes with a can hanger thing that you can put a can in to catch the grease. If you don't use that you'll have grease all over the ground/stove leg. Although I guess if you were putting it on a gas grill it would end up either inside the grill, or down the front of it depending how it fit over your grill.

That grease catching thing is the only negative on the grill, IMO.

It's either carbon steel or cast iron. Definitely not stainless. It will rust and requires seasoning.

Like I mentioned in my post above it's not really a grease tray. It is a funnel to the side that has an opening. It comes with a can hanger thing that you can put a can in to catch the grease. If you don't use that you'll have grease all over the ground/stove leg. Although I guess if you were putting it on a gas grill it would end up either inside the grill, or down the front of it depending how it fit over your grill.

Well i suppose i could just roll up a paper towel and put that in the tray to soak up grease because attaching a grease cup wouldn't work in my applications.

It does have a built in heat diffuser on the bottom for even heat distribution?

I got my Blackstone over the weekend. I did not clean and re-season since they had seasoned it for shipping with vegetable oil (and I am lazy) and not something dangerous. I did rub in more oil before use and coked some good greasy food on it of course. I haven't died yet. I picked up the grill attachment since Amazon was willing to match a $75 price I found at Newegg and it shipped Prime. I have only used it to test heat and throw a couple of things on that I could reheat. I will play with it more over the weekend. I was able to easily get to over 500 degrees pointing the IR directly at the porcelain grate. Not having a lid would certainly be an issue for certain things (that need to roast while cooking) and weather, but it isn't like I would use a gasser for those things anyways. The one thing I meant to test and forgot was putting my grill grates on it both right side up and upside down to see what kind of temps I could get them to. Mostly I want to still be able to do a little bit of griddle cooking with them upside down when I want to use the unit as a regular grill for the rest of the cooking area. I really wish they would have set up the griddle as 2 18" surfaces instead of 1 36" surface and given the option to buy an 18" grill accessory so that you could use it both ways at once. If anyone else is considering it, be aware that the quality is not as high as the griddle itself. It appears to still be worth the $75 I paid (+ $30 for the bag) given how I will use it and since I do not have a gasser otherwise. The other thing is the carrying bag fit. It is really tight for the grill but easy to get in since it isn't ridiculously heavy. The griddle top on the other hand doesn't fit right because of the drip lip thing that sticks out. It is also so damn heavy that getting it in the bag is a three person job. I did it once, but I will only put the grill in the bag in the future.

yep, it's a V shaped grease trough. About 1 inch wide at the top running the length of the griddle. Small hole at the left end for the grease to drip into a can.

10216244_zm

Well i suppose i could just roll up a paper towel and put that in the tray to soak up grease because attaching a grease cup wouldn't work in my applications.

It does have a built in heat diffuser on the bottom for even heat distribution?

Depends on the model. Camp chef has some griddles that are more budget/lower end. The Pro line griddles all have diffusers, how many depends on the size of the griddle. Basically, the diffusers correspond to the burners on the Camp Chef stoves. For instance, mine is a 37in 3 burner griddle, so there's 3 diffusers. There's a bit more of a gap between the diffusers on the middle and the right than there is between the middle and the left. This is because on 3 burner Camp Chef stoves, the burner on the right is off set a bit, being a little further away from the center.

Back