Mess O' Veggies on the Blackstone

lunchman

is One Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Dom
I bought a variety of veggies at the market on my last shopping trip (probably went overboard) and decided it was time for a

Mess O' Veggies on the Blackstone

Not quite a stir fry, but good nonetheless.

The Players:

Two Eggplants, diced into cubes
Baby Bella Mushrooms, thickly sliced
Carrots
Celery
Green and Yellow Peppers
Zucchini
Bag o' Broccoli Slaw

And for protein, some:

Haddock seasoned with Lefty's
Shrimp seasoned with Blackstone Teriyaki

I used a fair amount of EVOO for griddling, making use of my mister.

Eggplant goes on first -

r76qfUw.jpg

Followed by the Baby Bellas -

RkezYCy.jpg

Zucchini is next as it takes a while to become tender.

The Zucchini was cut into strips with the intent of breading them as sticks. Didn't work out as intended despite an egg wash, so I simply placed the semi-breaded sticks onto the griddle, adding the remainder of the bread crumb mixture over the top for texture. For a failed experiment, this worked out quite well -

VNUgFJM.jpg

Looks like a mess, but sometimes a mess is good. :becky:

Haddock is next -

OGn37fe.jpg

Carrots, celery, broccoli slaw follow with a splash of Soy -

OmPfa1M.jpg

Last, the shrimp as it grills quickly -

23UKYZi.jpg

I didn't do my usual "combine everything together", keeping the veggies separated from each other and from the Haddock and Shrimp.

Saturday's lunch is served! -

tTNOWxG.jpg

O4Z4kM3.jpg

pWkWn8w.jpg

This was as good as it looks. The toasted bread crumbs mixed with the Zucchini sticks was a welcome surprise. There's nothing like Lefty's for the fish seasoning. My wife will be sending me back to the market for more Haddock so we can add more fish to the leftovers, of which there was plenty.

The Blackstone sure does make grilling up meals a load of fun. I was just winging it with a little bit of this, a little bit of that and voila! A tasty meal was the result.

Thanks for following along on today's somewhat off the beaten path Blackstone adventure!

Regards,
-lunchman

Thanks all. For yesterday's leftovers I was back at the market for more Haddock. For some odd reason, it's tagged as Snapper Haddock. I asked the Fish Monger if this is some new species I'd never heard of. He said it's called Snapper due to the small size of the filets. OK. Beats me, and confusing as all hell.

Even though temps reached 96F here yesterday, cooking on the Blackstone still beats cooking indoors. I had a pound of bacon to grill up for the week and made use of the bacon grease to cook the Haddock, again seasoned with Lefty's. Bacon grease sure does ramp up the flavor. And a few pieces of crispy bacon added to the leftovers - oh yeah!

I think for our next Taco night we'll be making Fish tacos with Lefty's. You simply can't beat it. I'll be back at the market for more Snapper Haddock later this week. :becky:

You "grill up a pound of bacon for the week"?
How do you store and reheat the cooked bacon?
Ed

Back