A Macho Mayo Roasted Green Chile Prime Rib

Not sure what to call this. It was one of my "building the deck" meals.

I received a couple of jars of Macho Mayo from some kind folks in Overland Park Ks. Gave the dipping sauce the pinky finger test and decided to try the Roasted Green Chile one on a prime rib.

They have two flavors, the Zesty Roasted Green Chile and the Spicy Roasted Jalapeno.

d091e5bf-487f-4c7f-9b54-dca3d9324499_zpsrzub4t4c.jpg

I slathered a 3 bone roast with the Roasted Green Chile sauce and sprinkled with cracked black pepper
33f96cd6-cf5a-44b5-b13a-e864abbb7a5d_zpsnikay0qu.jpg

into the smoker with a small kiss of mesquite...

3a7e786a-b7f3-433b-b7b7-8a1729ffe018_zpsr27rhyio.jpg

after a couple of hours I added potatoes for rustic smoked smooshed tatoes...

1957e07d-7fb7-498b-afb5-e72f5c1272ce_zpsnzkyonbc.jpg

I was working on the deck at the time so this was an easy meal. Didn't need to tend it while I was busy. I pulled the potatoes off when they were tender, smooshed them with sautéed onion, garlic...some butter, seasonings and milk.

12c00dc0-a009-4f46-8d63-231c6d91b8f1_zpsl0a8kvnf.jpg

pulled the roast at an IT of 128F...

d3fece0c-1b3a-4dba-a8c4-4e2deb6ece22_zpsdx0ohro5.jpg

Loved the flavor on the bark...

dc4bf162-ab38-41c7-907c-8b540fadcd06_zps8vadzrad.jpg

While the roast rested, I fried some Hatch chiles in a spiced up cornmeal mixture...

my Hatch chile stockpile...
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=196630&highlight=hatch+chiles

c1d49fff-53ac-4e56-bf9e-d964ad1c2497_zpsqvjemj8v.jpg

That was it. Roasted Green Chile prime rib, rustic smooshed tatoes, fried Hatch chiles and a dab of more Macho Mayo for dippin'.

07a2f98a-8a94-46bb-b9b2-3145f7bb3169_zpsqd004ne5.jpg

452efc14-4eb7-40d6-9e78-6a10089d01ab_zpsitxekubd.jpg

The flavor combo of the meat and cornmeal fried chile dipped in the roasted chile sauce was pretty tasty.

f68e88bc-204f-4562-ba5e-1d9d779ea61e_zps4ji8spg7.jpg

I really liked it. I could eat the sauce with a spoon. lol
My deck building help didn't complain so maybe I can get them to help me out again in the future. :becky:

Hope everybody has a safe and happy Memorial weekend.

Thanks for looking!
Jeanie that's a wonderful looking ans sounding recipe. I would have that once a week!!

Ross

Looks incredible. Kinda like taking the horseradish sauce in a new direction.

Did you notice any difference in smoky taste of the meat?

An idea for the Macho Mayo might be chicken with a Southwestern take on Alabama white sauce.

Thanks everybody!

Wow some great looking food always love to see your creations. Another winner to add to the blog!
Thank you Sweet Meat, I am behind posting on my blog but hope to add more soon. lol

Great idea with the mayo Jeanie! Makes a lot of sense!
Love your cook, and the Smooshed taters too. Gave me a chuckle. :laugh:

Have a great weekend Jeanie.

Sam, Thanks! I've been told I have my own language. Apparently other people don't "smoosh tatoes" or "scooch" food to the side. :laugh:
Hope you had a nice weekend!

:) Looks fabulous - were you rolling at about 225?
I would want an end piece - I love rare, and I love flavor.
Thank you! I didn't take the temp of the cooker but it usually runs around 250F.

I'm scrolling down, digging on the meal and then you come in with the fried hatch chilis and put it over the top! Wow! I guarantee your help will be coming back - even after there's nothing left to do. That is a lovely meal Jeanie, and anybody you shared that with would be very fortunate indeed.
Thank you Greg!! :mrgreen:

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Holy cow that looks great.

Can I be on the deck crew. I am a farmer, I have some skills.
Heck Yeah Adam! I'd put you to work. With the cattle too!

Jeanie
Good Job!!!!:clap2:
I was going to volunteer for the "deck inspector" job with my buddy Adolph, we are REALLY! good at checking the food, makin' sure it doesn't spoil.....

Rick thanks! Sending some of this rain your way. :grin:

I'm sure you don't have to ask too many people to help, feeding them prime rib... they probably pay you to let them help you!!! Outstanding job, Ms Jeanie
Gerard, thank you!

Jeanie, When does your cookbook go on sale? :). Looks so awesome!
Thank you for the nice comment! :grin:

Looks incredible. Kinda like taking the horseradish sauce in a new direction.

Did you notice any difference in smoky taste of the meat?

An idea for the Macho Mayo might be chicken with a Southwestern take on Alabama white sauce.

Thank you Charles! I didn't notice any difference in the smoke flavor, just the bark. It was something different than horseradish sauce. I'm liking this Macho Mayo, going to add it to more things.

Your chicken idea sounds great.

Hope you have a nice weekend at the bash!

Thanks again everybody!

How did I miss this!?! Fan-farkin-tastic!

I'll just go ahead and say it, will you marry me?

lol Thanks Jason! :hug: Just looked at your steak cook.... I'd be the one getting the better end of the deal. :thumb::grin:

I should know better than to read a Jeanie post this early in the morning. Now I need to go rustle up some breakfast...

Thank you guys! I love prime rib but the roasted chile route was nice for a change. :grin:

Back