90 Minute Baby Back ribs...Go to SHOW

Does the 90 mins include the 30 mins you boiled them first? ;) ;) I've done 2hrs @325ish never tried to get er done in 90.

Does the 90 mins include the 30 mins you boiled them first? ;) ;) I've done 2hrs @325ish never tried to get er done in 90.
No Mike just heat and fire as it should be! Ribs sure don't have to be complicated or take hours and hours to look and taste the best IMO.

Very nice! I'd sure like to know more about how they were done , but I'm not sure about using my pellet grill to accomplish the same results. High heat = no smoke :cry:
Cheers
John

John, that had been my assumption too, but the ribs I did in 3 hours at 325 on my RecTec had a very pronounced smoke ring. See my pics in this thread:

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=195740

They are certainly less smoky flavored than what I get from my UDS but the smoke ring is still there, go figure . . . I know a smoke ring doesn't equal smoke flavor.

I know 325 is considered hot and fast by most, but I don't know that it ends up being that much different than 225 (except that I have 2-3 hours of additional time on my hands).

I'm pretty sure I know how you did it, but as soon as I started typing a large man wearing a black suit and dark sunglasses showed up at my door. Just to be safe I am keeping my mouth shut.

I can not confirm nor deny I know anything about the MIB outside your door. Now if you look up you might see a :plane: Buwah ha ha ha

Those ribs look pretty dang good!!!

I'm pretty sure I know too!! I was about to let the cat out of the bag, but when they (MIB) showed up I didn't have my Ray Bans!! Assuming they were not done on the mini, cause I've done BB's on my mini in an hour and 10 mins but they had a little bit of the burnt bark, still good tho.

Those ribs look pretty dang good!!!

I'm pretty sure I know too!! I was about to let the cat out of the bag, but when they (MIB) showed up I didn't have my Ray Bans!! Assuming they were not done on the mini, cause I've done BB's on my mini in an hour and 10 mins but they had a little bit of the burnt bark, still good tho.

Thanks Garrett! LOL, nope no mini. The mini does turn out good ribs though!

Lots of people like to use high sugary rubs but the problem is the burning. Heck even without sugary rubs you can still get charring. I used Simply Marvelous Spicy Apple which should have quite a bit of sugar and my cooking temps were really high....no charring, bark or burning of any kind....I couldn't have been happier. :-D

Excellent Cookup !!!

Here's the bend at 80 minutes from Sunday's :

Grilling8-13-2014063.jpg

105 minutes flat......:wink:

Wife said they were the best she's ever had.....I've done better, but not quite as fast......

Back