90 Minute Baby Back ribs...Go to SHOW

BB were on sale, so I cooked two racks today. Under 2 hours at inferno heat. Probed 217 in the hottest spots. Looked great, but a little rich. Try your new technique on spares. All I does was rub, sweat, oil, and cook. Spares might get darker on you.

BB were on sale, so I cooked two racks today. Under 2 hours at inferno heat. Probed 217 in the hottest spots. Looked great, but a little rich. Try your new technique on spares. All I does was rub, sweat, oil, and cook. Spares might get darker on you.
I'll do some spares toward week end. The last time i did them they were great but the time varies anyway give or take 15 minutes.

I like them done faster but it's the quality i'm most concerned about. Look for Friday or Saturday, i'll do some St Louis or trimmed spares.

Last edited:
I think I know your method, but will wait for you to reveal it yourself. If I am wrong, then I definitely have a new method to experiment with. Like your trials! That's the only way to learn.

P.S. Don't even respond to nay sayers. :thumb:

Its been like 3 days, and I'm curious, but am I the only one that likes the char on my ribs? (not burnt obviously).

Its been like 3 days, and I'm curious, but am I the only one that likes the char on my ribs? (not burnt obviously).

I think that most here would agree that char/bark/crust, whatever you want to call it is the favorite part. Of course there has to be nice moist meat below to balance out the flavors/textures.

am I the only one that likes the char on my ribs? (not burnt obviously).

I don't mind some char but if I had a choice i'd take a softer texture vs a crunchier one. Pretty much i shoot for the least amount but i refuse to foil, it's gotta be all nekkid.

Back