ribs on the weber kettle

smoke ninja

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
"back in the day" I used to cook various meats in different cookers just for fun. these days I I go with what works best. unfortunately my uds is rusted out so i reverted to old ways to fix up some ribs. ribs on the kettle. filled up one third of the base with coals amd a few chunks of hickory wood. lit it with my weed burner, closed things up and let it settle for an hour. ribs cooked for 2 hours then 45 minutes wrapped meat down and then 30 minutes unwrapped meat up and boated in foil.

taste just like I remember. good but heavier smoke than I prefer. still fun getting back to my roots

Since Marty thinks he gets to cherry-pick the bottom rack, I guess I take the top one...

Good looking ribs. I have always wanted to try smoking on my Kettle, but never have. You just reminded me of that and how I need to change it.

well the top rack is just the rib tips. but I'll share since marty is a hog:wink:

See that Marty. That's how you treat a Brethren.

Members - don't hold this against Brother Marty. He's read a lot of his own jokes and it's seriously affected him. :p

Very nice ribs. Never done them on a kettle. Absolutely going to try that, since firing up the WSM for 1 or 2 racks is a PITA.

Cheers!

B

Love the looks of those, but since they seem to be spoken for, when is the next batch?

Back