2017 Veterans Cooks

Can someone please roll along with you guys with a tape recorder.. a digital voice recorder... something!? Seriously..... we're losing all these stories on a daily basis.

I don't have a good source of stories out here these days. The US Govt honestly tries to catch these stories via StoryCorps, but it's just not enough...

Someone please tell us how we can help. Food and Bev often leads to story time. How do we capitalize on this last bit to save a National Treasure?

Just a thought.

Thanks everyone, Tom and I enjoy doing this. And we always appreciate any help we have, so do the Veterans.

Shadow, that is a great idea. But the problem is these are usually midday lunch events. Tom is retired, and I am able to do them because of my situation in the summer. So it isn't easy for a lot of folks to go.
Actually you don't hear too many stories from the POWs especially. It's not something they discuss openly. Now you will hear little short ones about how they were captured, or something they did in theater. But not much honestly.

And you're so very right, we are losing this National treasure. That group is getting very small.

Can someone please roll along with you guys with a tape recorder.. a digital voice recorder... something!? Seriously..... we're losing all these stories on a daily basis.

I don't have a good source of stories out here these days. The US Govt honestly tries to catch these stories via StoryCorps, but it's just not enough...

Someone please tell us how we can help. Food and Bev often leads to story time. How do we capitalize on this last bit to save a National Treasure?

Just a thought.

Marc, they have the farking glasses that are recording at all times HD with voice. I thought that was only military but it's stateside now with the "locals"... 1984...1984.

Thank you guys for doing what you do.!!!:thumb:

Here are a few pictures from yesterdays picnic in Ann Arbor for the Blind Veterans.

i-8c5cssQ-L.jpg

i-M8fMVMP-L.jpg

i-XGjnCL8-L.jpg

It was a great day in a very nice park, everyone enjoyed the food and the good time.
Thanks again to everyone who helped make this happen.

Back