2017 Veterans Cooks

A BIG thanks to Fleihr and his wife as well as Jrogers84 for coming out to help us yesterday :thumb:

Is always great to meet other members from the Brethren. Your help was greatly appreciated.

Here's a pic of us getting the pork pulled, thats Jrogers in the gray shirt

And here's one just before serving started

Here's Joey getting his wings from the Tuskegee Airmen. I'll put them up so one day when he is older I can tell him what they really mean and who he actually met. Thanks :becky: for helping me out with him yesterday and getting that great picture

Steves second from last picture is fleihr stirring and watching the beans

There were a bunch of thanks and speeches going on before serving yesterday. But to me the most touching and emotional moment was at the end of the dedication to the fallen, when the bugler played Taps. Joey and I were about 15 feet away from him. Even Joey was quiet and just listened. It was a very great moment and touched everyone deeply

The new building and kitchen are just amazing, and the MVF is able to do so much more to reintegrate the Veterans who need help back into society. The folks there do some very amazing and wonderful things

Steve, Justin and Darnell, thank you all for being there to join in the fun.
All you guys and Mrs Fleihr's help was greatly appreciated, not only by us but everyone we served.

Hope to see the new guys to the group again soon.

Sure you can Norm, either hit the link in my signature or Toms or Steves.

If you wan to do it another way PM me Brother.
We appreciate all the donations we've gotten and so do our Veterans

Tom and I will be doing this one on Thursday, then 2 more for the Visually Impaired Veterans next week.

Thanks Dave!

I must be half blind not to have seen the link on your sig...

As these fine POW folks honored us for the meals we prepared and brought. Brother Diesel Dave spoke about how what we do was all started due to the BBQ Brethren. And the many great folks here who help donate $$ for this cause. We all thank all of you!

We brought brisket, ribs, beans, mac n cheese, coleslaw, chicken, and smoked salmon.
Cold Stone Creamery supplied the ice cream.

Thanks Jroger84 :thumb: and to all who donate to help us pull this off.

It was a great time, and getting to talk with the few of these Hero's that are left was amazing.
If you look in the second picture, the young lady on the left, did an amazing job singing the National Anthem. Very touching, as her Grandfather, who's next to her, is a Veteran and member of Rolling Thunder.
The gentleman in the blue shirt behind the table was real fun and funny to chat with. He came back after lunch and was talking for a bit.
It just makes your heart smile to see the smile on these mens faces, and know they enjoyed the meal and fellowship

Thanks again to everyone who helps

Back