• Hot n’ Fresh Sweet Italian Sausage, Pepperoni, & Basil Pizza, Halloween 2022 Edition

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Richard
Last week I had a pizza entry lined up for the October Special Pizza Month Throwdown, but it ended disastrously and was not entry worthy. So, today I decided to do a make up, and to add another entry to the Throwdown.

So here’s how it all went down:

Didn’t make homemade dough, instead used Trader Joe’s pizza dough:

iEVEWm6.jpg

Stretched into a 14 inch round:

UDTtQIa.jpg

I decided to add some thinly sliced provolone on the skin for an added layer of texture and taste.

qgJrTMg.jpg

Added homemade sauce:

iWzbxkO.jpg

Mozz:

HQ5EqZw.jpg

Pepperoni and sweet Italian sausage:

lA9HkXk.jpg

Into the Blackstone, stone temp @ 675 degrees:

7giaAoX.jpg

Getting close to done:

VphmToL.jpg

And here is the finished pizza, sliced, topped with a bit of fresh garden basil:

N5HdEyR.jpg

0bmvjMm.jpg

Given the fact that I more or less threw this together last minute, it was pretty darn good. The provolone on the skin underneath the sauce was a nice touch, and I would do it again.

Hope y’all are having/had a good Halloween!

Why do all you people cut thin crust pizza the wrong way? It's supposed to be cut into squares!!! Ask anyone in a Chicago tavern.

Come on, let's see that failure. I posted my pizza pot pie, which was no where near what the original is. You'll also notice it wasn't entered into the throwdown.

Your thrown together looks like a full blown planned out pizza day for me. Excellent job. Would you by chance have any dough recipes for hand tossing? I haven't had much luck finding any online. Used to work at a restaurant in high school where I would toss and spin the dough out. Could get a small 3' across.

A darn fine pie for sure.
How's the Trader Joe's dough?

Looks like an amazing pizza! :clap2:

I was going to ask the same thing.

The Trader Joe's dough is very good, and certainly better than a most of the homemade dough recipes I've tried. It's also versatile - it can be rolled out thin to make a crispy crust pizza, or hand stretched, as I usually do for more of an American style pizzeria pie like this one.

The instructions on the bag say that it makes one 12 inch pie, but a 14 inch hand stretched/tossed is very realistic. If you roll it out, and you know what you're doing, you can get it to 16 inches.

This dough works best when you let it sit in the bag for 30 mins, then take it out and work it into an 8 inch flat round, then cover it for an additional 30 minutes, this allows the dough to "relax" sufficiently. These numbers are accurate - too little time, and the dough will be difficult to work with, and too much time and the gluten strength will be compromised.

Hey, Moose!!! What are you going to call for the… :decision:

Nah, that wouldn’t be nice. :razz:

Back