BBQ Weight Loss Journey

Congrats on the life style change. I too am going through a similar transformation.

What are some of your favorite Q mods that you have done?

- Molasses and Raw Local Honey in place of Corn Syrup.
- Organic Sugar Cane home ground in place of most sugar.
- Meats for home cooks are organic, grass fed, GMO fee.
- Farmers Market for local sourced produce and fruits ... no more jams and jellies in sauces, its all from scratch.
- BBQ lasts a lot longer since I limit my portion sizes

Congrats on the life style change. I too am going through a similar transformation.

What are some of your favorite Q mods that you have done?

What a great accomplishment. Too many times people think that they have to "give up" everything they love to loose weight.
This is a very inspiring story, and I am drawing strength from it in my own weight loss journey.
Keep up the great job, and please keep posting.

Wow what an inspiration. I weigh in somewhere north of you and really need to make the change myself. This has given me the push I need.

Congratulations on your successful weight loss program! That is a huge amount of weight loss in a short amount of time!

My wife has been on something similar and has lost 60 pounds in the last 6 months. She has cut all sugar and flour from her diet.

I cook all her protein.

BBQ ribs, chicken, steak, pork chops, tri-tip, carne Asada, brisket, etc. I season all her meat with equal parts of kosher salt, corse black pepper and granulated garlic. We weigh them out into 4oz portions. Then she will eat a ton of veggies and salad with her meals. She will eat steel cut oatmeal for breakfast as well as yogurt mixed with fresh berries.

At 5' tall she was 230. Went from a waist size of 24 to 16. She goes to used clothing stores and keeps exchanging clothing about every 2 to 3 weeks.

I'm very proud of her and tell her to make sure to give me her BBQ list so I know she always has plenty of whatever she wants cooked for her diet!

Back