Sharing the Weight: A Humble Children's Charity Request

More than happy to donate to a great cause. Thank you and everyone involved in the heavy lifting. :)

Not sure if continuing to say thank you is enough. My wife was literally tearing up from your responses and donations :becky:.

They actually have a sweat shop going today at my wife's clinic, which they normally do them on Friday's 1-2 times a month. Then once more (sometimes twice) a month they have a offsite party on Saturday at a random location like a church or somewhere else.

Here's pics of her loading her car up this am and then the beginning of the sweat shop. They'll have a bunch more show up around lunch
xqJY2MGl.jpg

rNhcBjsl.jpg

Depending on the day they will have as much as 20 people volunteering. I'll help break down later when they are done.

Also my wife actually made me an adult sized weighted blanket as I don't sleep so great (way larger than ones for kids and this size takes a long time to make) and it has helped me :-D
CzOdRTRl.jpg

Having a drink to celebrate the Gaylord of pellets that are on the way! :clap2: :clap2:

Thanks so much for everyone that has donated! Anything else donated goes to buying other blanket materials. So feel free for anyone that is just catching this thread to still donate (shameless ask), but a crap ton of pellets are headed to GA.

Wife literally cried at all the generosity and says thank you for helping the special needs kids! :hail:
bb48d8ce4ce3aab62790f942d619c9d2.jpg

Last edited:
Pellets arrived today's at my wife's coworker's house. We went over to help put them into 5 gallon buckets so they can transport portions at a time to the blanket parties.

Running your hands through a Gaylord is quite the sensation :-D
lPLr0Zkl.jpg

lplrRoVl.jpg

Eventually you can reach in to scoop them out to you have to get in
lILWEMal.jpg

gvRNcuNl.jpg

9G0OQtMl.jpg

And damn straight I took to the box home to make a sweet box fort. Might even let the tiny human play in it :becky:
LAogXW0l.jpg

ZdXPvkal.jpg

Thank you all again for the 100th time!

Back