Carolina / South East Bash

Im liking the idea of having a fall bash in the mountains. Don't know if I can drag the Bubba Grill up in them though. Was all my lil suv could handle with all the camping gear in it and the tank behind it.

Seriously though, anyone know any nice spots around the boarders up in the mountains?

Dennis, and the rest thanks for inviting us. The food was excellent!!! Kudos to the cooks. The guys I brought over were still eating at midnight. Finally, one of my dreams has been realized “A Brethren Bash” in S.C. It was a true pleasure meeting all of you, and now I can put more faces to names.
The site is not letting me post pics do to "security issues", but that's ok, because they would just be redundant anyway.
When we were out and about on Friday we stopped by the Ranger station, and while there we invited them over for a meal. I’m sure their “no show” was their way of giving us privacy. After all there is a “No alcohol law” in State Parks in S.C. but if they don’t see it, they can’t enforce it. As far as the food we took over, it was greatly appreciated. The head Ranger (I assume) said “Thank you very much. I can feed my whole crew with this”. Hopefully, he did just that! Knowing the budget crunch these folks are under (from talking to Rangers at a State Park close to me) they probably didn’t have more than a half dozen working that day.

Ok, so it's been awhile since I posted a pic. I had no clue what a "security token" was. So just read up a bit & make adjustments!!
Let's try this again!!
So, it worked. Not many pics, but as I said the rest would be redundant.

Attachments

• 20160430_125829_001.jpg
    20160430_125829_001.jpg
    256.3 KB · Views: 42
  • 20160430_130035_001.jpg
    20160430_130035_001.jpg
    268.8 KB · Views: 43
  • 20160430_130041.jpg
    20160430_130041.jpg
    267.1 KB · Views: 43
  • 20160430_130122.jpg
    20160430_130122.jpg
    255.2 KB · Views: 43
Im liking the idea of having a fall bash in the mountains. Don't know if I can drag the Bubba Grill up in them though. Was all my lil suv could handle with all the camping gear in it and the tank behind it.

Seriously though, anyone know any nice spots around the boarders up in the mountains?

I have got a truck for ya any time you need it !! It will pull it fine!

I really like the idea of the mountains in the fall; one of the great things about y'alls state parks is they offer cabins. I used to go to Unicoi a lot when I was riding 2-wheelers, I'm sure there are others. Whatever, count me in and I can bring my F350 to tow anything up the hill :becky:

I have got a truck for ya any time you need it !! It will pull it fine!

Would definitely love to get behind the wheel of that Excursion! Looked at Unicoi between butt kickings at work last night, definitely a beautiful place!

After he gets back from his honeymoon, I'll bet Lantern could come up with a great place for a fall bash. He probably has some other brethren around him that would definitely be interested after seeing your pics.

Let's all keep it on the front burner. Joe

Looks like a great time!! I love the looks of your camp location too. Thanks for posting everyone! :grin:

Thanks for all the pics!

Harry, you're shrinking!

Didn't anyone wear the hat?

Hey Bill, we missed ya!!
No, I’m not actually shrinking (other than getting older:roll:), it’s just that I’m not eating “Bernie’s” southern fried chicken, fries, biscuits & slaw every day for lunch, so I might have lost a few lbs. but if I keep eating like this, those lbs. will be back in no time:mad:.
In the pic I’m standing in front of Lantern (I think). Luck of the draw. That young’n is big even by Texas standards:shocked:.
[FONT=&quot]As far as “the hat” is concerned, I’ll leave that to you & Photo Shop. Speaking of which. Pooh & NTHole, were “no shows” too!! Oh well, maybe the next one, when y’all see what we got to offer. Sorry you missed it!!! Ain’t nothin like a Southern (BBQ Brethren) Throw Down!!!! :clap:[/FONT]

Attachments

• 13102682_1170062206346005_3822832199017634644_n.jpg
    13102682_1170062206346005_3822832199017634644_n.jpg
    219 KB · Views: 23
Back