Kings ford Lump Briquettes?

Hoss

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I went to the local Walmart and cleaned out all of their 14 WSM's that were on clearance for $99.I noticed in the charcoal section that they had Kingsford Hardwood Briquettes.Bag stated burns like lump with convienece of briquettes.Just wondering if anyone on here has had any experience with these.I am a lump user but would like to know if it is hype/ marketing or worth it???

It's good stuff. The mesquite shavings aren't much, but the charcoal works well.
I like it.... just don't like the price.

I've tried and like it. I'm all over the chart on Briqs- preferring all natural briqs but the specialty Kingsford gets my attention. I've go 10-11 bags of briqs 6 are Stubbs.

How many wsm did you buy? Are you giving them away as gifts or resale?

In regards to the charcoal, I've seen it but haven't tried it yet.

If you need me to make sure one of the wsm is in good condition, you can send me one. Free of charge of course

It is pretty good stuff but not worth 3 times the price of KBB.

It's good stuff. The mesquite shavings aren't much, but the charcoal works well.
I like it.... just don't like the price.

That is why I asked here before purchasing.Sticker Shock!!!

I've tried and like it. I'm all over the chart on Briqs- preferring all natural briqs but the specialty Kingsford gets my attention. I've go 10-11 bags of briqs 6 are Stubbs.

It sounded interesting but was pretty pricey.I may go back and get a couple bags just for a trial run.

The lump briquette, Apple wood/mesquite etc was on sale under 5$ bag Memorial Weekend around here. Watch it- it does go on sale

How many wsm did you buy? Are you giving them away as gifts or resale?

In regards to the charcoal, I've seen it but haven't tried it yet.

They only had 2. I gotta check out Southaven,Olive Branch,Senatobia and Holly Springs Wal-Marts.I am guessing that there is no need to check out Batesville!!!! Hahaha! Are you familiar with the Curtis Road/ Macedonia Road area?

They only had 2. I gotta check out Southaven,Olive Branch,Senatobia and Holly Springs Wal-Marts.I am guessing that there is no need to check out Batesville!!!! Hahaha! Are you familiar with the Curtis Road/ Macedonia Road area?

Let me know what you find in those areas. I haven't had a chance to go to the batesville walmart so you might want to check it out.

I am familiar with those roads. Do you have family here?.

Let me know what you find in those areas. I haven't had a chance to go to the batesville walmart so you might want to check it out.

I am familiar with those roads. Do you have family here?.

My Uncle owns a hunting camp on the North side of Curtis Road just West of Macedonia.We go down there a lot.

Awesome. Got some good hunting there I bet.

I's pretty good.Lotsa turkey and deer.Not too great for ducks.Not enough open water to attract them.We have a blast down there though.

Back