THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I used to use RO briquettes and when they went to limp, Switched to Stubbs, which I enjoyed because of hotter and longer, now I am going to try the new RO briquettes again. I am looking for stubbs but can not find it.

I just bought 6 bags of the RO briquettes, I use the RO lump in my Akorn so I figured why not. The last time I tried KBB after using lump for a couple of years I didn’t like the taste at all, there was something in there that I didn’t like. Prior to using lump I always used KBB but once I got away from it I could taste something in the briquettes that I didn’t like. I’ve been using the B&B briquettes in my Jumbo Joe lately & like those, I hope the RO gives me similar results.

I'm a big fan of B&B (huge on the SCA and comes from Texas), Jealous Devil is great too. Joey at B&B is an amazing dude and his son is about to win the Worlds for SCA I have a feeling.

if you want to use briqettes, the weber brand burns a lot hotter, lasts longer and has less ash than kingsford original.

I'm a fan of the Weber briqs too. For grilling or short smokes like rack of lamb at 300 I can get two or three cooks out of 3/4 chimney.

Back