The Buffalo Buffalo Burger

DerHusker

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]So there’s this “2106 July Burger Blowout!” Throwdown going on here: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=232740[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Having already made some nice Cheeseburgers yesterday I decided to try something a little more outside the box. There is a Burger restaurant near us called Slaters 50/50 that serves a burger called the Buffalo Buffalo Burger. Here’s a description: [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“The tangy stack features seasoned ground bison (aka the American buffalo) nestled on a bed of shredded celery and carrots. All that's topped buffalo sauce-infused sharp cheddar cheese, grilled onions and [FONT=&quot]jalapeños[/FONT], and then smothered with housemade buttermilk ranch and Frank's RedHot dressing”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
I decided to try to recreate it here. First I bought some ground Bison meat at Costco.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I mixed in some onion and some blue-cheese into the meat.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]To speed things along I placed a chimney of charcoal on my side burner. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Once the charcoal was ready I poured it into the charcoal baskets in my Weber OTS.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I placed my Camp Chef griddle over the coals and waited for it to get screaming hot. I then place 4 meat balls on.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]They started sizzling in no time.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I smashed them and then flipped them.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]While they were cooking I made up some Crystal Hot Sauce Mayo.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]When they were done I assembled my burger. First was the Crystal Mayo on bot top and bottom haves of the bun. Then some thinly sliced carrot and celery. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Next the burger, 2 slices of sharp cheddar cheese and some thinly sliced [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]jalapeño[/FONT][/FONT].[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]And finally some pickled red onion.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Here it is plated up with a slice of watermelon and a Ballast Point Grapefruit Sculpin IPA.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The c[FONT=&quot]r[/FONT]unch of the carrot and celery going with the heat of the mayo and [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]jalapeño[/FONT][/FONT] [FONT=&quot]w[FONT=&quot]i[/FONT]th the savory [FONT=&quot]buffalo meat and ch[FONT=&quot]eese[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] and the sour of the pickled onion[/FONT].[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Best burger ever![/FONT]

Thanks for looking.[/FONT]

No disrespect to that awesome burger but that slice of watermelon really got my attention :thumb:

Looks pretty good to me , But the Grapefruit beer , Ill pass on thank you

Wow, that looks great! Nice work. Nice beer choice as well, Ballast Point Grapefruit Sculpin is the best beer on the planet.

That looks like a grand farking slam! What a great combination of flavors, I need to try this one!

Great looking burger! I'll take a slice of watermelon too... :)

Back