Bichelmyer Meats

IowaWildHogsBbq

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
What is everyone's thoughts who have bought pork butts and St Louis style ribs. What are your thought on the qaulity of the meat?

I ordered ribs from them two years ago. I had to go to costco to get new ones.

We got our meats for the Royal there last year - I liked the butts, disliked the brisket. I don't recall the ribs, specifically, but our rib cook wasn't jumping to use them this year when we were talking about it.

It says they have wagyu. Anyone seen or tried these yet.

I got a Wagyu from them and got the highest score so far with it. I placed 12th, which for me, is a great place. The next comp, I got a Prime brisket from Sam's and I couldn't really tell the difference in the end product and got close to the same score. So I am not sure that the Wagyu is worth the extra $50 to buy...

I can manage to mess up a brisket regardless whether it is select, choice, prime, waygu, or goo-goo so I'm sticking with my CABs. At least I can screw up two of them for less than the cost of a waygu.

Bichelemeyer's has excellent quality and will let you pick thru Briskets, Butt's and Ribs for the Royal if you go to the shop. Their homeade tamales are a nice treat too -- Just sayin!

Back