My turn at my first custom build, a vertical offset here in Japan!

Yeah I'll go out and take some pictures of the deflector plate. It is pretty much one big plate. Firebox side I got propped up like a baffle. Temps is about 10-15* difference which I can live with.

You can use the temp differences to your advantage cooking chicken for crisp skin vs low and slow. Learn how she like to run and roll with it. Food looks great from this end.

• Thanks
Reactions: COS
Man that diamond plate looks awesome!! How does temps run? are they pretty stable with your tuning plate/baffle set up? Its pretty much just one big plate right? Can I get a good shot of that? Still considering rebuilding the baffle into a tuning plate set up.

Here some more pictures of the deflector plate. Tomorrow plan on doing a rack of ribs to really test it out.

You can use the temp differences to your advantage cooking chicken for crisp skin vs low and slow. Learn how she like to run and roll with it. Food looks great from this end.

The temp difference was to big for my liking, 50-75*. For me I like a tighter temp difference.

Looks great, are you going to insulate the cook chamber?

Looks great, are you going to insulate the cook chamber?

Not yet. I might do it sometime in the future. I seen a post from smitty that he insulated one of his cookers. For me the issue would be getting the insulation materials.

Back