Blues Hog original and Tennessee Red 50/50 is hard to beat and I'm not a sauce guy.

BigKing, If you like Hak's, the Thai Chili Tamarind sauce is pretty awesome.

I'm doing brats tonight so guess where I just came from :becky:

hdKc5Fqh.jpg

Try Rufus Teague. My favorite nowadays.

I forgot to mention I picked up 2 Rufus Teague Maple Bourbon BBQ sauce at World Market as well. Additionally I got some Uncle Murle's Sweet & Spicy mustard sauce and some Brown sugar Balsamic mustard to try as well.. The Rufus Teague looks interesting! I love bourbon sauces!

Blues Hog original and Tennessee Red 50/50 is hard to beat and I'm not a sauce guy.

BigKing, If you like Hak's, the Thai Chili Tamarind sauce is pretty awesome.

I'm doing brats tonight so guess where I just came from :becky:

hdKc5Fqh.jpg

nice! i did some brauts last week on the pbc. then simmered them in butter, onions and beer. oh man they were good. one of my favorites.

Well, I just bought half a dozen bags of RO from Lowes, 1 bag of Cowboy lump from Ace Hardware (and got a free bottle of Cowboy BBQ sauce), and ordered bottles of Blues Hog Original and Red, Rufus Teague, and some Plowboys Bovine and Yardbird rubs. I think I'm good for a while!! :biggrin1:

Well, I just bought half a dozen bags of RO from Lowes, 1 bag of Cowboy lump from Ace Hardware (and got a free bottle of Cowboy BBQ sauce), and ordered bottles of Blues Hog Original and Red, Rufus Teague, and some Plowboys Bovine and Yardbird rubs. I think I'm good for a while!! :biggrin1:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MRJ0LK8aEg"]Verne's yes sir - YouTube[/ame]

Three will get you through 'til the Fourth of July ... that's when the next sale is due!

New PBC owner...just arrived about an hour ago. Some quick questions I hope:

1) Is there a way to search just this thread? Under thread tools I didn't see a search. :(

2) Does the PBC work great or just average or not very well at all as a charcoal grill? What I'm really hoping to do is something like hang some meat, cook for a few hours or whatever it takes, wrap that up to rest, leave the lid off and then grill skinless boneless tasteless (heh!) chicken breasts or hamburgers on the grill.

3) Any side table/shelf attachment ideas that don't require drilling holes? I looked for a clamp on shelf for the handles, but didn't find any. Of course, a nice rolling storage cart with a top on it to keep all my smoking and BBQ goodies in would be even better, lol.

New PBC owner...just arrived about an hour ago. Some quick questions I hope:

1) Is there a way to search just this thread? Under thread tools I didn't see a search. :(

2) Does the PBC work great or just average or not very well at all as a charcoal grill? What I'm really hoping to do is something like hang some meat, cook for a few hours or whatever it takes, wrap that up to rest, leave the lid off and then grill skinless boneless tasteless (heh!) chicken breasts or hamburgers on the grill.

3) Any side table/shelf attachment ideas that don't require drilling holes? I looked for a clamp on shelf for the handles, but didn't find any. Of course, a nice rolling storage cart with a top on it to keep all my smoking and BBQ goodies in would be even better, lol.

Can only add input for #2.

I think it can be done but depends on how long your lower-temp items are running for. I still haven't done burgers because the one time I tried, it wasn't hot enough anymore. Think I did the same thing with chicken as well where I just didn't get to it in time.

Would probably work if you could take the lid off at the 6 hour mark at the latest. I've been letting butts/brisket go for at least 5 1/2 hours before wrapping for better results bark wise. I assume you could move the wrapped meat to an oven at that point and then ramp up the heat in the PBC for burgers/chicken.

While not burgers or boneless chicken breasts, any type of sausage and chicken wings are nice toss-ins to a long cook in order to get some eating in while waiting for the bigger pieces. Hour and half should be good for both uncooked sausage and wings.

1. you can use the Google search bar at the bottom of the page to search the whole site. Advanced search features require a membership.

2.Some of the guys have pulled the charcoal basket up and set it on the grate, then use the rebar on top of the PBC and put a second grate on top of the rebar. You can grill that way but have to have two grates and a way to pull the smoking hot charcoal basket up and out while you reset the grates.

Also I have smoked boneless skinless breasts. With a good rub and a brine they are not tasteless.

Here with the Owens Buffalo Wing rub

31498DA3-1144-404F-8DB1-E381A992C232_zpskkwfx5ez.jpg

Also I have smoked boneless skinless breasts. With a good rub and a brine they are not tasteless.

Here with the Owens Buffalo Wing rub

I'll peak at the membership, didn't see it before. Also thanks for the link to the post on the square tubes / raising the coal basket to grill on...that looks worth a try.

Mind sharing your process on smoking the boneless skinless chicken breasts? Did you do those on the PBC grill at normal height for a couple of hours (after brining and rubbing)? Those look awesome.

Back