Pit Barrel Cooker PBX

motoeric

Babbling Farker
Hello BBQ Brethren peoples!

The BBQ Brethren as a whole has always been a huge supporter of The Pit Barrel (both company and product). That is a reciprocated relationship. They have supported our charity events and have always been available to answer questions. I’ve had a PBC from within their first year of operation, as has the founder of the BBQ Brethren and other members.

Why? Because it’s an amazing product. I’ve used mine in deep snow, during horrendous storms, extreme heat, for family, for friends and for charities. There are many, many others here who can say the same.

Why am I bringing this up? Because they are now offering what many of us have been asking for. We have a couple of threads mentioning that the new 55 gallon version of the PBC is now available. The information presented here has been less than detailed, and I hope to help correct that. It would be great if anyone who has purchased one would be willing to chime in and offer opinions and details.

If this sounds like an ad, it’s not. Just a PSA by an enthusiastic supporter. If this sounds like proselytizing… okay, you got me. It probably is.

*DISCLAIMER*
This information comes from a discussion with Amber Glanville. I have not cooked on the 55”. If that changes, I will provide more/better feedback.

INFO
What is it called: PBX
When will it be available: It’s available now.
What’s the height: 36” all inclusive
What’s the price: $499.00
How much charcoal does the basket hold: 14 lbs
What’s the burn time on those 14 lbs: 6 – 7 hours
What’s the hanging distance: 23”
What’s the cooking capacity: This is the answer I received, but I’m skeptical. I’m thinking that it could probably fit more, especially on the butts. Their answer - “12-16 chicken halves, 4 butts, 4 briskets, 16 burgers, 60+party size wings”
What’s the grate size: 22” (yes, you can use a Weber grate as a replacement)
Are there plans for accessories: Yes

Okay, that’s a reasonable opener. I’ll post more details soon and hopefully a few pics.

Back