THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Those look great SS13!!

I have a two pack in my freezer I may have to pull out for Monday!

Thank you. Everyone loved them. My kids were like "These are amazing!!!"

I did mean to mention I rubbed them with a light binding of mustard. Both racks have a slightly personally modified recipe of Memphis Dust...mostly I just substituted smoked paprika in for regular.

The smaller rack I added a light sprinkle of a Trader Joes spicy garlic seasoning for the grown ups.

Chris and Pitt's for the saucing, which adds a nice tang, without too much kick for the little ones.

Sporster, you are becoming THE guy with all the answers in the thread....lol. :thumb:

Thanks for helping the new guys!

He sure is picking up my slack! Been working on remodeling the basement, so have not had as much time as usual to contribute.

BTW, cooked some St. Louis style ribs last weekend, and the wife liked them so much she suggested I make them again for tomorrow's dinner with our daughter and son-in-law. Will try to post some pics!

And welcome to all of the new members who are knocking it out of the park!

Some random happenings for a nice family day.

Smart and Final is basically giving away spare ribs. They have them in two packs.
I trimmed them down to St. Louis. I hung the trimmed tip meat almost like a loin, and the wrapped it when it got to about 165.

I sauced the racks around 3 hours and let them go for another 30 minutes. I pulled them off and let them sit covered with foil while we went swimming. That's when I put the potatoes on, which ended up making the most delicious mashed potatoes.

as you can see they were just ready to start falling apart.

Man those are beautiful bones! Making me hungry and can't wait to put my ribs on tomorrow!

I did mean to mention I rubbed them with a light binding of mustard. Both racks have a slightly personally modified recipe of Memphis Dust...mostly I just substituted smoked paprika in for regular.

The smaller rack I added a light sprinkle of a Trader Joes spicy garlic seasoning for the grown ups.

Chris and Pitt's for the saucing, which adds a nice tang, without too much kick for the little ones.
Last thing...I read on a camping tips post that a great fire starter is a cotton ball dipped in Vaseline. OMG it was amazing. Took no time for the chimney to be ready. It's basically like a fire started cube.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Some random happenings for a nice family day.

Smart and Final is basically giving away spare ribs. They have them in two packs.

Awesome cook, and I'm glad the ribs were tender. I've learned to stay away from farmer john's STC spare ribs, as they are small, and for me tough, they never get tender. Hopefully their full spares are better, I just have to wait until Mon when my local SnF get more.

I LOVE the Memphis Dust. Use only that on my pork, nothing touches it to me. You can also try allspice instead of the ginger, and thyme instead of the rosemary. Smells incredible.

Just kidding!! :thumb: Great to have all the guys and Sportster pitching in with great pointers.

Did the baby backs yesterday for The Big Party...i did get out of making sides, basically had everyone bring something, while asking certain folks to bring their spectactular beans or slaw or whatever...I missed getting a pic of the spread of food, it was fantastic...but let's get down to business :-D

5 slabs of BBR's, membrane pulled, and coated with McCormicks Sweet and Smokey...seemed me and my phone were not always in the same place, so here they are hanging about an hour in. 270-280F, with 3 big hunks of applewood on a coal basket full of KBB...

Three hours later (more or less) they were done...well, ready for a quick sauce before heading back to the PBC.

Except they never got sauced. When we cut the Chef's Samples off of one of the "burnt ends", my cooking buddy claimed they were the best he'd ever had and if I sauced them he was going to knock me out :becky: So they went to The Spread as they were.

So, there was approx 12 lbs of pulled pork, most of 5 BBR's (people kept coming out to the shop and sampling!!), a 10 lb brisket and 2 full bologna chubs, more side dishes of good food than I can count...and not a bone was left. I think there's maybe half a chub and half a pan of pulled pork for today...

And on that note, I'm heading to the pool.

Cheers!!

Vam

Last edited:
Back