How to cut St Louis Style Spares (Tutorial)

I would love to get spares for $1.99/lb! Here they are $2.97 on sale. I just usually wait for the holidays when they sell St Louis Spares for 50% off. I hope they have some soon as I am down to two racks in the freezer. Really appreciate the tutorials though when I can only get full spares.

G, I think they are cheaper if you go to Restaurant Depot on Fredricksburg. Get them by the case...

Then call me a terrorist as I don't trim my spares at all... :mrgreen:

I tried that a couple of weeks ago and my wife turned her nose up. The cartilage gave her the heeby-jeebies. It will have to be St. Louis cuts from now on.

Then call me a terrorist as I don't trim my spares at all... :mrgreen:
Those are untrimmed. I did carve off a chefs snack on the left part way through the cook. The only thing I did was remove the membrane befor rubbing them.

G, I think they are cheaper if you go to Restaurant Depot on Fredricksburg. Get them by the case...

Thanks, will check them out, but will have to reactivate my business license as I let it lapse a couple of years ago.

Thanks!! Never worked with spares, looks like I need to get some and practice. I love the part about grinding up the extra.

Thanks, will check them out, but will have to reactivate my business license as I let it lapse a couple of years ago.

Depending on what it takes to reactivate the license, might be easier to become a KCBS member. Gives you a free one day pass as many times as needed.

Depending on what it takes to reactivate the license, might be easier to become a KCBS member. Gives you a free one day pass as many times as needed.

THANKS THoey1963. I was bummed when I found out RD only sold to "businesses". Now I have a work around. :clap2:

And another THANKS to Mr. Bob for posting this. Like so many others, I didn't know how and will be bookmarking.

Back