Make Quick BBQ Brisket with Guy Fieri :-)

Doesn't look bad, actually, looks pretty good, but not thinking I'd try it.

Why would I want to make brisket in an hour? That's only like 2 or 3 beers! I need more drinkin' time.

But seriously, that has no business being called bbq. Just because you put sauce on it, it ain't bbq. I"m sure it tastes ok, but it won't ever be BBQ.

BBQ is not the sauce, it's what the sauce goes on. I don't think I will ever waste a good brisket or drinking time doing it this way.

What is a pork brisket? from the recipe link

Quote "This tender pork brisket recipe tastes like it’s made in a slow cooker, but a quick 30 minutes in the pressure cooker makes it a truly “out-of-bounds” experience."

This is how I thought you cooked brisket until I grew up. This is similar to my mother's recipe except she used the Texas crutch and cooked it slow in the oven. I t was really tasty but of course no bark.

Last edited:
I'll have to watch this one at home tonight. I like the concept of cooking in 30 minutes, but yea... it certainly takes the romance out of a 12 hour "smoke and beer marathon".
I love that dude, he's the first fellow to make cooking "cool", (well, Emril got pretty close).

Well, I can see putting brisket on the smoker for 2-3 hours, forming a nice bark and then into the pressure cooker to finish. If I can cook a brisket in 3 hours that has smoke and bark and is that tender and moist, and have time to put away a six-pack, it sounds like it's worth a try.

I heard he has a great personality and a great palate, but can't cook which is how he ended up on cooking shows.
I like him. Never actually met him, but like his TV personality.

Yea, he looks like he'd be fun to hang with, I think he'd be a hoot.

I haven't done a brisket in years, now that l have a real smoker I plan on changing that. I do corned beef several times a year and may try this. I use a crock pot. I love my pressure cooker for beans and stuff.

Back