THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Turkey arrives tomorrow. Once it's thawed, into the brine it will go!

:whoo:

For you farkers who don't already know - Bigmista is a turkey sorcerer! Best I've had anywhere for sure.

Looks amazing Greg!! Well done! :cool::thumb:

Can you get here by Saturday?

Thinking I could help prep ,serve, clean up and help out anyway needed, on the side. Cant be there that early, but depending, can help in that regard. If thats what might work will try to accommodate

Fantastic! I'm about to send PM's with info & I'll add you in - hope you can make it - it'd be nice to meat you. Thanks! :thumb:

Good luck with this event, Greg and fun! Those butts look pretty darn good.

Thanks GC!

Food's looking great, see ya'll there Saturday morning!

Looking forward to it!

Got your PM. I will be there with a new knife, after someone (MigBista) called me out last year.

https://www.webstaurantstore.com/mercer-culinary-m13914-millennia-14-granton-edge-slicer-knife/470M13914.html

Should have read the fine print. I thought 14" included the handle [Insert obvious jokes here]

That should give us material to work with for the whole day. :twisted:

That fires a monster, hope you all are safe and the cook goes well.

Thanks G! It's crazy out here. Smoke and ash everywhere. We're safe though.

Another fantastic day hanging with Brethren friends. Breakfast done right by Greg.
vWRH27k.jpg

Neil taking a break.
qbUMVg3.jpg

John making his new specialty, vegan mac-n-cheese.
Ebut2l3.jpg

The finished product.
49WxbXW.jpg

Smoked turkey tenderloins form Neil,
zjS3Iec.jpg

What a fanfarkingtastic crew today! :clap2: SmokinJohn, Bigmista, team DUBBAGA, campdude and RacrX are exactly the type of folks you need around - just amazing in every way. Gotta mention my lovely wife and kids as well - they were killer. I always love hanging with my Brethren Brothers and it was great to have a new face - Kevin, I hope we'll be seeing you around more!

I took a couple pix which I'll post later. Right now I'm gonna sit on my arse and watch Drunken Master with the fam.

Very deeply appreciated y'all - thanks so much for all the help. This chit wouldn't be possible without y'all and it certainly wouldn't be nearly as fun. I am blessed to know you farkers.

Any day spent with Brethren is an excellent day. When we get to spend it giving back to the families at the Watts Willowbrook Boys & Girls Club, it's even better.

Sadly, we may have lost SmokinJohn to "the dark side". As he was leaving today, he was overheard placing an order for 250lb of textured soy protein.

Marty working on greens
Marty_working_on_greens.jpg

Kevin (RacrX) going to town on the Keri Hog beans
Kevin_aka_Racer_X.jpg

Greg, Marty and Kevin
Greg_Marty_and_Kevin.jpg

Greg, Marty and Neil
Greg_Marty_and_Neil.jpg

Bigmista's turkey tenderloins
Turkey_tenderloins.jpg

Mrs. Greg (aka Shannon) getting sauce bottles ready
Shannon_preparing_sauce.jpg

At first glance, everything seems to be running smoothly. And then, John proclaimed his recent conversion to a Vegan diet. Due to this, he insisted that we make vegan beans, vegan greens, vegan mac n cheese, and his new signature creations "Turk'y Cutlets".

John informing Mrs. Dubbaga that a vegan diet can not only benefit the body, but will eventually solve global warming, and cure alopecia.
Smokin_John.jpg

John working on his famous mac and cheese
John_mac_n_cheese.jpg

Freshmint Crest is his secret ingredient
John_making_his_famous_Mac_n_Cheese.jpg

Vegan_mac_n_cheese.jpg

He said it was so good, he didn't even want to share
John_mac_n_cheese_yummy.jpg

After finishing with his mac and cheese, it was time to make his Turk'y Cutlets. Although we were all asked to leave for 10 minutes, as John wanted to finish up his prep work in solitude (something about a proprietary technique that he plans to sell for millions), I was able to sneak a few candid photos
John_and_his_Vegan_turkey_cutlets.jpg

Vegan_turkey.jpg

Vegan_turkey_2.jpg

These are Greg's sons after eating Bigmista turkey and Keri Hog beans
Gregs_sons.jpg

This is Greg's son after eating John's vegan "food"
I_see_Vegan_Food_everywhere.jpg

Playtime is over, the guests are hungry
Serving_line.jpg

Serving_line_2.jpg

Serving_line_3.jpg

We're pooped
Chillin.jpg

Chillin_2.jpg

Mobile_Kitchen.jpg

When all was done, everyone was happy and well fed. There was even a random guy in a bathrobe who personally thanked John... that's a good thing, right?

Back