THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

gtr

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Howdy Farkers,

That time of year again. A nonprofit group called Peace4Kids is having their annual Christmas Holidays event on Saturday, Dec. 9 in conjunction with Foster Care Counts. It's a lunch event for foster families. I think we served around 500 folks last year and it'll probably be the same this year.

I've had the pleasure of doing this with some of the coolest farkers I know - you'll see if you click on the threads from the past couple times:

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=200296

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=238896

Menu will be the same as before - pulled pork, turkey, collards, beans, slaw, etc. They have a pretty incredible mobile kitchen on site. I'll probably be cooking the pork ahead, vac sealing, and re-heating on site, and Bigmista usually cooks the turkey at his spot and we slice on site.

The address is:

Place is at 1339 E. 120th St. Los Angeles, CA 90059

I'm guessing service will go from somewhere in the 11am-2pm range or somewhere thereabouts. I'll know better as the time draws closer. We get there pretty early in the morning, like 7, to get things going.

Any of you farkers from before wanna come back, we'd love to see you again, and any new farkers wanna jump in, we'd love to have you!

I'll cook up some kinda breakfast, but don't let that discourage you from coming. :redface: I will be bringing a farking coffee pot or 2 this year. Coffee was like some kind of holy grail last year. :mmph:

Anyway, if you wanna feed some folks and hang out with some cool farkers, let me know. It's a fair amount of work but it really is fun and seems to make folks happy, so all in all not a bad way to spend a Saturday.

Thanks y'all!

Wish I could join y'all for this great cause. Unfortunately work schedule and budget says no this time but maybe someday in the future . . .

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Alrighty, Bigmista is in for the turkey. :clap2:

So far we have RacrX, SmokinJohn, myself & Bigmista - got a tentative from another SoCal farker. Any other farkers wanna join? There may or may not be sausage from Kreuz in Lockhart for the cooks at breakfast. :spy:

Greg has provided his assurance that John will be "asked" to share his coveted purple cabbage... as a result we're back to play in the super-cool portable kitchen for another year

• Thanks
I'm bumming right now. This is my favorite cook of the year and will have a house full of out of towners that day. :mmph: It won't be all that bad. I'll have to BBQ. We all know how much that sucks, right? :wink:

Anyway Greg, please give Shannon our love and if we don't get to see you before the holidays I pray BLESSINGS over your family :pray: May God bless you two for putting this on every year and may God BLESS your Thanksgiving, Christmas and the rest of the year.

Okay,
Those who have not had a chance to be a part of this incredible event, don't be shy. GO an give a helping hand. You will be blessed by seeing all the happy faces on these kids. Not only that, it really is a fun time of fellowship with the Brethren and others there that host this event.

Id love to help out again, if I can. Will let you know soon if I can make it.

Hope it works out, Marty!

Greg has provided his assurance that John will be "asked" to share his coveted purple cabbage... as a result we're back to play in the super-cool portable kitchen for another year

Glad y'all are gonna make it - purple cabbage for everybody! :whoo:

I'm bumming right now. This is my favorite cook of the year and will have a house full of out of towners that day. :mmph: It won't be all that bad. I'll have to BBQ. We all know how much that sucks, right? :wink:

Anyway Greg, please give Shannon our love and if we don't get to see you before the holidays I pray BLESSINGS over your family :pray: May God bless you two for putting this on every year and may God BLESS your Thanksgiving, Christmas and the rest of the year.

Okay,
Those who have not had a chance to be a part of this incredible event, don't be shy. GO an give a helping hand. You will be blessed by seeing all the happy faces on these kids. Not only that, it really is a fun time of fellowship with the Brethren and others there that host this event.

Thanks for the kind words! You will definitely be missed!

I might show up at yer spot with a suitcase posing as an out of town guest. :spy: :hungry:

Cooked 16 butts for the event on Saturday, vac-sealed it, and it's ret to go.

Did some on the Klose

picture.php

and overflow on the WSM - got a head start with a few butts the night before the main cook - I love stickburners, but I also love cooking in a vertical while I sleep.

picture.php

I'll be sending PM's to the farkers helping on Saturday later today or this evening with the final details. Looking forward to seeing y'all!

Cooked 16 butts for the event on Saturday, vac-sealed it, and it's ret to go.

Did some on the Klose

picture.php

and overflow on the WSM - got a head start with a few butts the night before the main cook - I love stickburners, but I also love cooking in a vertical while I sleep.

picture.php

I'll be sending PM's to the farkers helping on Saturday later today or this evening with the final details. Looking forward to seeing y'all!

Looks amazing Greg!! Well done! :cool::thumb:

• Thanks
Back