THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Facebook_stream_with_Brethren.jpg

Brethren spotting at 6min 45sec

https://www.facebook.com/peace4kidsla/videos/1703665896363310/

Way to go guys and gals! Looks like you knocked it out of the park again this year! :cool::thumb:
Greg...those biscuits look killer!!

I worked real hard on those biscuits - drove all the way to the store, got 'em out of the frozen section, eventually put 'em on a pan and Marty did the oven work. :heh:

Those are Pillsbury frozen Grands - southern style or buttermilk or something like that. I love home made biscuits and I'll even render lard to make 'em right, but these freezer biscuit really are pretty dang good. :oops:

Looks like a great time!! I'm so bummed to miss this years event. Happy to see everything went smoothly. Hope to see you all soon!! Merry Christmas So Cal Brethren!!

Ray - you were definitely missed, but hopefully we'll see you soon! Merry Christmas to you and your crew!

You guys are an awesome group, it was great to meet everyone. Thanks for the invite Greg!

Thanks so much for coming out yesterday! It was killer to have you there and hopefully you'll come hang with us again soon!

i took a few pix myself:

You want us to cook what?

picture.php

Bigmista, Thermapen doublefista. Me showing off my photo lighting skills.

picture.php

Getting deep.

picture.php

The bean machine!

picture.php

Things I learned: cook less beans. Don't take electricity for granted. Get my farking long haired kid a hair tie when he's around food. Make sure the farking short haired one has food gloves on. Don't put too much water in the bottom pan in those cheapie foil pan chafer thingees.

What a cool day with some very cool farkers!

Time to eat some turkey tacos...:hungry:

lol Great lookin' biscuits anyway Greg!! :laugh: :thumb:
Do you realize how tall your boys are getting, since you joined the forum 7 years ago? lol
I'm sure you do! Dang... time flies! :-D

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
^^^Oh I realize how tall they're getting. And if it ever escapes me, they're more than happy to remind me. :mmph:

...7 years ago - wow! :shocked: I have learned an insane amount in that time period. I don't think I ever would have been able to do something like this event without the info I've gotten from this site (a huge amount from you, Jeanie) and the incredible people I've met here. Kinda mind-blowing really.

Once again we see the things that happen due to this site that Phil and the old timers have created and that is so well maintained by Poobah and the mods - thanks y'all! I don't know if you guys realize how far-reaching the results of your hard work are. My deepest gratitude to y'all.

As always, it is good to hang out with the Brethren, especially when new faces (RacerX) are there.

I explained the Mac and Cheese thing to Jennifer on the way home. All she could say is "There is no such thing as Vegan Cheese! It's like a Cauliflower steak! Why did you make it?"

Then she asked how it tasted, which brought on minutes of laughter.

Then, we read Dubbaga's commentary yesterday morning, and couldn't stop lughing for a good 30 minutes.

I need to add some more to the story.

vegan_food_sucks3.jpg

Gtr: "water, soy protein isolate, vital wheat gluten, expeller pressed canola oil, methylcellulose, organic ancient grain flour...WTH??"
Campdude: "water, expeller pressed canola oil, corn starch, yeast extract, less sodium soy sauce.."

vegan_food_sucks2.jpg

Gtr: "...vital wheat gluten, organic miso paste (organic soybeans, organic rice koji, sea salt, water, koji spores),
soy protein isolate, spices, garlic powder, onion powder, soy lecithin, turmeric extract..."
Campdude: "Let's give it to SmokinJohn; he's already going down for that Mac and Cheese."

For Campdude, here is proof that Jennifer ate the fudge I took home:

Jenn.jpg

^^^Glad you mentioned that - gotta shout about campdude's fudge (of which there is a rapidly diminishing amount at our house), and team DUBBAGA's toffee, which got hit super hard as well. These farkers don't only cook great BBQ, there's some serious other cooking, baking, etc. going on. Each one of 'em go way beyond the normal BBQ stuff and can get down to some serious desserts and whatnot. I am continually impressed and fattened by the awesome stuff they make. :hungry:

Wicked you guys!!!:cool:

@GTR: Whatsup with E.?
Does he want to grow his hair like Z.? :p
Tell the Phamily hi from me!

Just checking out diPherent hair chit, as young 'uns do! I think I'd had a mohawk or 2 by that point. :rockon:

I'll dePhinitely say Hi to the Pham. We miss y'all - come on back!...or maybe I should start looking Phor cheap plane tix...

Back