THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wow! Never had any Lottery tickets turn out this way! :-D

Got home last night after bringing a load of hay down from Kansas City and the wife told me she had some good news for me. I hadn't told her about the raffle - didn't figure I'd win but it was for a good cause. I gotta call Jay & Steve and set up when I can pick it up.

Gonna need some tips from Jay & Kick! And yes, Dog, a Q area is being designed for the new house! :-D

Congrats JT! And awesome job again Jay and everybody at Spicewine Ironworks what a great cause!

Congrats JT!

Thanks Jay and Spicewine Ironworks for the donations.

Thanks to everyone involved in this great fundraiser as well.

Congrat's JT, ya lucky dog!!!!!! I ani't never won anything but a hard time.....:wink::biggrin:

Enjoy!!!!!!

congrats brother! Have Jay throw in a Diddler Chimney on me! LOL
Yes, I'm there to answer questions, if you have any.......don't you get some of that rub as well that is #1 IN DA WORLD??

The smoker arrived yesterday! Steve & Randy brought it by the house on a truck with a liftgate so none of us had to go to the hospital. :-D

I took a couple pictures but it doesn't really do justice to the paint job due to the time of day- it's an Antique Gold in a powder coat so it has a pebbly finish. Thanks guys for building such a great smoker and donating it for the raffle!

Steve suggested just cooking a butt in it to season it - does anybody recommend otherwise? Should I spray the inside with canola oil and season it that way or just start cooking?

Attachments

I can't comment on how to properly season, but that sure is a nice rig! Congrats on the win, even though I lost (jealous mod). :mrgreen:

I wish the pictures could do that color justice, because it looks really interesting. :cool:

Back